IGNORED

Russell Slade

Eco

Another club taken over by a mad foreigner who clearly thinks he bought Arsenal or Tottenham.

Becchetti has made backroom changes since arriving at the Matchroom Stadium, appointing Alessandro Angelieri as their new chief executive and Mauro Milanese as sporting director.

It's got all the makings of a disaster ! Feel sorry for Slade.

Another club taken over by a mad foreigner who clearly thinks he bought Arsenal or Tottenham.

Watch what you say, Gray! According to Private Eye, Becchetti is "connected" to the sort of gents who used to wear pinstripe suits and carry violin cases.  Google has removed links about his "unusual" business background thanks to that EU crooks' right to privacy legislation.

Watch what you say, Gray! According to Private Eye, Becchetti is "connected" to the sort of gents who used to wear pinstripe suits and carry violin cases. Google has removed links about his "unusual" business background thanks to that EU crooks' right to privacy legislation.

Under those circumstances, maybe getting fired is better than the potential alternatives for Slade...

4th longest serving manager in the country, done a fantastic job for the club, built them a side that could pull their weight in the division, and the sack looms over him..

Disgraceful.

thats the problem with inpatent fans and chairmen,

you are only 4 or 5 results away from the sack these days,

4th longest serving manager in the country, done a fantastic job for the club, built them a side that could pull their weight in the division, and the sack looms over him..

Disgraceful.

Quite possibly how supporters of other clubs looked at our removal of GJ.

That said I think most would agree with GJ that his time had probably come, and the half-time incident at Plymouth left his position completely untenable. I'm just making the point that perhaps there is more that those on the ground at Leyton Orient could allude to - whether there is or not I am completely ignorant.

Quite possibly how supporters of other clubs looked at our removal of GJ.

That said I think most would agree with GJ that his time had probably come, and the half-time incident at Plymouth left his position completely untenable. I'm just making the point that perhaps there is more that those on the ground at Leyton Orient could allude to - whether there is or not I am completely ignorant.

I'd disagree: we'd not just changed ownership, and though GJ had been very successful for us, I'd argue not as recently as Slade had for Orient (last season) or before it became clear that season wasn't going to pan out.

True; we don't know the ins and outs, buy when you look at the circumstances, I see little direct comparison.

I'd disagree: we'd not just changed ownership, and though GJ had been very successful for us, I'd argue not as recently as Slade had for Orient (last season) or before it became clear that season wasn't going to pan out.

True; we don't know the ins and outs, buy when you look at the circumstances, I see little direct comparison.

I take your point about how the season was panning out, but I don't agree that he wasn't successful as recently as Slade was for Orient. In my book getting us competing and established in that league was a hell of a success given our history and how for most sub 30's to be in The Championship/Division One was nosebleed territory. His biggest downfall was overachieving in our first year up, but to me it makes the following seasons no less successful.

I take your point about how the season was panning out, but I don't agree that he wasn't successful as recently as Slade was for Orient. In my book getting us competing and established in that league was a hell of a success given our history and how for most sub 30's to be in The Championship/Division One was nosebleed territory. His biggest downfall was overachieving in our first year up, but to me it makes the following seasons no less successful.

I'd also agree; just looking at our last stint at that level and how that panned out.

However, you said the situation Slade is in could be viewed as similar, and I don't agree that the primary factors that lead people to criticise the board are the same.

The new board have given a manager who took them to within a whisker of promotion less than a ten matches this term, unlike GJ who got two summers of investment and 18 months post-play off final to show he'd peaked with us.

Yes, had an new owner walked in and said "thanks but goodbye" I could see your point more, but feel here that with that seemingly being the trust of most folks critique, I don't think many would equate the situations.

Archived