IGNORED

Radio Bristol Commentary

P'head Red

Didn't make the game last night, so thought I'd tune in.

Honestly forgot how poor the commentary was, numerous times they weren't even talking about the game.

Would much rather watch teletext for 90 minutes!

I followed it from here.

Then went to a pub, with non-football fan mates, leaving us 1-0 up but under the cosh.

Was very very happy when I got back in Otib range to find we'd turned on the class again.

3 points and 5 pints. What a good evening.

Sorry but I'm not an Adam Baker fan at all, he's scared to say anything which might cause him issues with the club, he spouts a constant stream of cliches, monotone voice, name dropping all game......

It's about time we had a different side-kick on, somebody worth listening to..... Scotty can't do it any more due to his Kit Man duties unfortunately but there must be somebody?

Adam baker should not be allowed to do the commentary, I've nothing against him but he's not going to ever say anything controversial about as 'collegue' is he?

Plus most of anything he seems to be involved with sounds dramatically amateurish in my opinion.

Personally I think he's hopeless and I'd like to see an ex player in his position.

Plus most of anything he seems to be involved with sounds dramatically amateurish in my opinion.

Personally I think he's hopeless and I'd like to see an ex player in his position.

I have nothing against Adam at all, but I tend to agree and I think an ex-player has better insights. There are a few out there who are articulate and come over well on air.

Sorry but I'm not an Adam Baker fan at all, he's scared to say anything which might cause him issues with the club, he spouts a constant stream of cliches, monotone voice, name dropping all game......

It's about time we had a different side-kick on, somebody worth listening to..... Scotty can't do it any more due to his Kit Man duties unfortunately but there must be somebody?

He isn't going to speak out about players he sees everyday is he? It's a hard position for him to be honest.

He isn't going to speak out about players he sees everyday is he? It's a hard position for him to be honest.

However as the club moves forward in a professional manor on the field we are left with the likes of him dragging us down off it.

There has to,be someone out there, even a local old timer who could add more personality and professionalism than Mr Baker????

Exactly! This is the problem with having anybody directly connected with the club, player, staff, ex-player (recent).......

An 'older' ex-player who isn't connected in any way with the club would be great.

• Admin

Adam is brilliant with what he does within AG8, just always felt a real unease with him on the radio. Almost felt like he was the only one who wanted to do it and got left with the job?

Surely in this day and age radio Bristol can get an actual commentator on board?

I was a bit surprised to find we were relegated to FM last night, the gas were at home and yet got the premier broadcast frequency for those that COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO ATTEND!!

Having said that it did me a favour as I was on my way back from working in Peterborougn and I was able to start listening around Swindon, RB DAB has a far more limited range. By the time I got back to Port Said though FM 94.9 was virtually unlistenable as usual.

However as the club moves forward in a professional manor on the field we are left with the likes of him dragging us down off it.

There has to,be someone out there, even a local old timer who could add more personality and professionalism than Mr Baker????

**** me, when did he piss in your cornflakes?

To be honest, I thought Andy Howard last night was very pro City, he was waxing lyrical about our quality on the ball and our work rate and desire to win the ball back.

Much as I loathe Radio Drivel, he wasn't bad last night. He gave the impression that our football flowed, and he even knew some of our opponents' names!

I agree with this, saw nothing wrong with he commentary, sounded genuinely pleased when he scored and told the game well..

Yes!  I agree with both of you,  being here in Tallinn I am very pleased to get any commentary and thanks to a forum member I have a VPN link to the City commentaries.   I also thought the commentator last night was very good and gave a very good description of what was going on and I think he may have got it wrong about City's league position when he was giving out the Peterbro score.  If he did I think Adam Baker corrected him.   As we are two hours in front of the UK, I have to stay up late to listen and I don't think any Radio Bristol Commentator has sent me to sleep yet.  The only problem I had last night was that I lost the connection and when I got it back it was someone going on about a non league team v Nuneaton.  Thankfully suddenly it went back to a decent game.   So as far as I am concerned long live Radio Bristol commentary of City games.

Archived