IGNORED

Is This Now The Best Start Ever ?

OldlandReddies

I suppose the question 'is this our best start ever after eight games' we would need to know the answer as to how we did after 8 games 109 years ago, which was a better start after 7 games. I have no idea.

As previously stated, its a little bit arbitrary, as if we won the first four next year, then lost the next four, is it a better 'start' than this year? Well after four games, yes it would be!

• Admin

I suppose the question 'is this our best start ever after eight games' we would need to know the answer as to how we did after 8 games 109 years ago, which was a better start after 7 games. I have no idea.

As previously stated, its a little bit arbitrary, as if we won the first four next year, then lost the next four, is it a better 'start' than this year? Well after four games, yes it would be!

If I recall correctly, back in 1905 we lost our opening game but then went on a 14 game win streak so we are unlikely to overtake that "start". 

109 years ago we got stuffed in our 1st league game so it's a better start than that season.  

If I recall correctly, back in 1905 we lost our opening game but then went on a 14 game win streak so we are unlikely to overtake that "start".

Wow how old must you be? :-)

I think it all depends on how you look at it. if its points then we would have had 14 at this point in 1905, unless you convert it to todays 3 points a win in that case its 21.

If its results then 7 wins compared to our 6 at this point today (but no losses)

If its longest unbeaten run from the start of the season, then I'd imagine this is our best ever so far.

We went 19 games unbeaten under Danny Wilson in the 2002-20003 Scott Murray season. Thats the longest run in my lifetime.

I wa just thinking of that myself. Was that the one where we went on a charge in the second half of the season from mid-table, all the way to the very top, but the moment we got there we lost, and slid down again, ending up losing out on promotion?! My patchy memory informs me that swindon were up there...probably wrong with that though.

The next 5 games are pretty tough apart from Walsall.

Fleetwood, MK Dons, Walsall, Chesterfield and Coventry.

If we get 12-15 points from them I'd be chuffed and can't see us not going up. 

I reckon we will get 9 points though.

I thought when I saw the fixture list that our first 5 were harder to be perfectly honest

The next 5 games are pretty tough apart from Walsall.

Fleetwood, MK Dons, Walsall, Chesterfield and Coventry.

If we get 12-15 points from them I'd be chuffed and can't see us not going up.

I reckon we will get 9 points though.

We could lose to Fleetwood & MK dons and STILL be averaging 2 points per game! Crazy & brilliant!

I wa just thinking of that myself. Was that the one where we went on a charge in the second half of the season from mid-table, all the way to the very top, but the moment we got there we lost, and slid down again, ending up losing out on promotion?! My patchy memory informs me that swindon were up there...probably wrong with that though.

Won 11 on the spin, went to Sheffield Wednesday and got screwed by the ref who disallowed a perfectly good Lee Miller goal.. then Wednesday nicked it in injury time.  Never really recovered after that despite beating Plymouth & QPR towards the end of the season.. we blew it at home to Brighton with a 0-0

Remember John Wards run.. think it ended on New Years Day away at Fulham?

Won 11 on the spin, went to Sheffield Wednesday and got screwed by the ref who disallowed a perfectly good Lee Miller goal.. then Wednesday nicked it in injury time.  Never really recovered after that despite beating Plymouth & QPR towards the end of the season.. we blew it at home to Brighton with a 0-0

Remember John Wards run.. think it ended on New Years Day away at Fulham?

True dat... and Brighton then went on and..

Remember the Fulham visit, didn't seem possible we would lose but they did have that Al Fayed guy. Right on the Thames is Craven Cottage, I mean literally it is a floating stadium. Think it was on Dec 28th, incidentally.

Archived