IGNORED

Is This Now The Best Start Ever ?

OldlandReddies

Took a decent following to that Fulham game if memory serves me? Also didn't we fill away end at Sheff weds?

Don't know exact numbers but the open terrace was pretty much full. Or in gas years: 148000 and a Blue Peter badge.

Think we drew Wednesday in the cup around 1999 and Danny Wilson was their manager. I'd say we took half a million there (in gas numbers) and made a hell of a racket. Let us bang on and on and on about what wonderful supporters we are from this point on.

On a serious note, the Leppings Lane End is a truly symbolic place in regards to the history of English football. Felt it when I went there.

Thoughts with the families affected that day.

We took about 7k to Wednesday that year. Remember taking similar to Watford in that Ward promotion season?

You're coming over with a spot of gasytus there, Tomarse.

Neither game was attended by 7k City fans (maybe 5ish to each). We did take the roof off on both occasions, though, especially Watford.

You're coming over with a spot of gasytus there, Tomarse.

Neither game was attended by 7k City fans (maybe 5ish to each). We did take the roof off on both occasions, though, especially Watford.

I remember this game well, and think 7k was a true guesstimate. The place was packed with city fans old and young - we were there to beat the record of wins in a row.

Alas, is was not meant to be, as the Wednesday crowd sang

'Youve only come to see the Wednesday'

Archived