IGNORED

Team Spirit

The Casual Connoisseur

Anyone who was there last night could see it glowing from every player, they are working their socks off for each other and theirs a real buzz about City as a unit.

If you weren't there then you'll have missed Wilbs and Flints bizarre goal celebration, these boys are battlers and are playing with their hearts other sleeves, not seen this since the Wilson days, long may it last.

Ps Wilbraham, what a bit of business, him and flint were simply outstanding last night.

Both Wilbrahim and Flint have found the right ability level for them. A Palace fan I know well told me was out of his depth in the PL and was convinced that League 1 was about the right level for him.

As for Flint his 'head it and kick it' playing style is perfect in Div 1 but in the Chanpionship he'll get exposed by quicker and sharper opposition strikers.

As for team spirit - winning always helps. Should City experience a poor run of games it'll be interesting to see how strong team spirit is then.

Not having a team full of loan players and rejects from the championship...and instead having a team of players who are used to playing at this level and know what the league is about...that is why we have good team spirit.

This team would struggle in the championship...but lets cover that problem if we get there! 

This is exactly the way Johnson got us promoted. Good lower league players with a few experienced heads. Not that complicated really.

As for Flint his 'head it and kick it' playing style is perfect in Div 1 but in the Championship he'll get exposed by quicker and sharper opposition strikers.

Flint's improvement is there for all to see.  If we get back into the Championship next year I think he will be ready, and I think we will see a defender perfectly capable of dealing with Championship strikers.  I think this bloke has real potential, so don't undersell him.  My worry is whether we can hang on to him - if we continue to be successful then I think we can.

Both Wilbrahim and Flint have found the right ability level for them. A Palace fan I know well told me was out of his depth in the PL and was convinced that League 1 was about the right level for him.

As for Flint his 'head it and kick it' playing style is perfect in Div 1 but in the Chanpionship he'll get exposed by quicker and sharper opposition strikers.

As for team spirit - winning always helps. Should City experience a poor run of games it'll be interesting to see how strong team spirit is then.

You weren't there last night were you?

Wilbraham is a step above league one, that's been apparent since he's been here, well apparent to all opposition managers, defenders and supporters apart from yourself.

As for Flint, that's what we've been looking for donkeys years, yet you seem to think hes not good enough and will get exposed, without really thinking about Ayling and Wiliams and the roles they will will provide with finesse and pace as a unit. The unit we defend with has been crying out for a first ball winner, Flint this season has started to full fill his potential, if he had pace he'd be playing in the premier league.

What more can he do?

Not having a team full of loan players and rejects from the championship...and instead having a team of players who are used to playing at this level and know what the league is about...that is why we have good team spirit.

This team would struggle in the championship...but lets cover that problem if we get there! 

This is exactly the way Johnson got us promoted. Good lower league players with a few experienced heads. Not that complicated really.

Disagree.

We are unbeaten within 6 new faces, we haven't really had to put our foot on the gas to win games and both Orient and Rochdale should have been 3 points.

I'd say that if you put that team in the championship we'd stay up easily.

There's also a huge difference between Johnson and the way Cotts has got us playing although I see the similarity of experience, I'm pretty sure that we won't waste loads of money in the loan market and that the average age of our squad is a lot younger with far. More potential to succeed at a higher level in the future, I don't think any of johnsons players went on to bigger better things.

Cotts is also not scared of using younger players, Johnson to rid of the academy and his scouting network was laughable.

FairPlay to him though one game from glory.........

This team would easily stay up

Johnsons team did not struggle in the first season in the championship so, as you believe he is doing it exactly the same way as Johnson, what makes you think Cott side would struggle if we got promoted?

Let's not forget that Johnson's L1 promotion side got us within a whisker of the PL.

Indeed so but one thing was vital in that campaign apart from the players.

City were an unknown outfit having just been promoted and pretty much none of the opposition teams had much of a clue about us. That was a huge factor in the near miss with the promised land.

The following season it went tits up as Johnson's one dimensional style of play was found out.

I can't see Cotterill making the same mistake should City get promoted.

City were an unknown outfit having just been promoted and pretty much none of the opposition teams had much of a clue about us. That was a huge factor in the near miss with the promised land.

The following season it went tits up as Johnson's one dimensional style of play was found out.

I agree to an extent. However it didn't exactly go tits up straight after the Play Off final, we still finished 10th the following season! Nothing to frown about there Robbo.

But yes, it did eventually. A shame but we move on and we now have a City side to be proud of again!

Does that not apply to all clubs promoted? Yet not all clubs promoted get to within one game of a double promotion.........there must have been something else...........

Nor can I, but we'd have exactly the same unknown factor /underestimated side advantage.

This is taking a lot for granted obviously!

Perfect example of how Johnson was a victim of his own success. A 10th place finish being right in the playoff mix until a month or two to go is described as "going tits up"

Johnson was a victim to money imo. He can really build a team on nothing, but as soon as SL gave him a blank cheque we lost the team spirit and organisation. 

10th was a good effort on his 2nd season.

I won't be popular for saying this but I'd have sacked him there and then as it was clear he'd taken us as far as he could.

Money would have been more wisely spent on an experienced championship manager, one who new the league and the pressure of growing expectation. SL's inexperience of bring a football man shone through and GJ got carte Blanche with a check book, that led to stupid contracts and awful loan signings.

I'm not having a go at SL for showing faith in the nearly man, and I'll never forget how close GJ got us, however I do think SL has learnt his lesson and GJ has found his level, which is a few leagues above RR's perception.

10th was a good effort on his 2nd season.

I won't be popular for saying this but I'd have sacked him there and then as it was clear he'd taken us as far as he could.

Money would have been more wisely spent on an experienced championship manager, one who new the league and the pressure of growing expectation. SL's inexperience of bring a football man shone through and GJ got carte Blanche with a check book, that led to stupid contracts and awful loan signings.

I'm not having a go at SL for showing faith in the nearly man, and I'll never forget how close GJ got us, however I do think SL has learnt his lesson and GJ has found his level, which is a few leagues above RR's perception.

I don't think you will be unpopular with everyone for your stance ...

Archived