IGNORED

Fleetwood's Form

samo II

Big Red Rich , with nearly 4000 posts I would believe you ' re a man of reasoning and logic especially having watched some of Citys many poor games through the years especially over the last few seasons . 5 or 6 is possibly an achievable score given such a great start and who knows . Confidence is high at the club and in the Wurzel fanbase but not being able to watch City regularly over the last 12 years since living 10 mins from Fleetwood , I adopted them as a club to watch more regularly as posted a few times before .

Many clubs and fan forums have thought cricket score results against Fleetwood over the seasons and surprises have been many and tails between legs on long return journeys home a regular sight , shown through an unequalled rise through the non leagues to leagues 2 then 1 in just 10 seasons .

A very solid defence built around Nathan Pond and Mark Roberts over the last 1/2 season or so has been inturupted by injury but the record at the back as mentioned elsewhere continues to be strong .

Attack wise the goals have dried up and that continued last night against Barnsley although chances for both sides were a many as our old friend Danny Wilson mentioned post match . ( By the way Lewin Nyatanga had a great game at No.5 alongwith a late appearance by Leroy Lita ) .

As you know though chances created will at some stage lead to goals and if there was little on offer for the forwards I would be worried , but that is not the case as Fleetwood dominated the first half with no joy for their efforts and enjoyed good periods in the second to finish Barnsley off , but hey ho a 0 - 0 can often be entertaining .

I will be standing in the home Memorial with my children with my Wurzel accent and their Lanky twang listening to Drink up thee Cider etc ... having those that know and surround me taking the p*** throughout .

5 or 6 would need a ref to play a part me thinks but who knows ... for the record I have entered a 2 - 0 City win on the Cod Army Fans Forum where those who view it will notice that many of the Cod Army fans believe that Citys form and Fleetwoods lack of goals will lead to an away win .

Having watched City for nearly 40 years while living in Bristol I find it hard to believe they are here playing ' little old Fleetwood ' on their patch just up the road from me .

Good journey to all , the weather is going to be decent they reckon and we ' re looking forward to coming to the return leg in January already .

Sorry you have inadvertently stumbled into a family joke .

Our erstwhile manager Mr Sean O'Driscoll showed complete ignorance of the City fan mentality when he annonced that many of us thought we would win matches 5 or 6 nil against lower placed opposition " just because we are Bristol City".

I don't think any City fan ever thought that and it became a bit of a running joke.

Most of us are in dreamland at the moment and don't dis respect any other club (the Gas excepted ) knowing from painful experience that at any moment we could revert to the City we all know and "love" !!!

Our erstwhile manager Mr Sean O'Driscoll showed complete ignorance of the City fan mentality when he annonced that many of us thought we would win matches 5 or 6 nil against lower placed opposition " just because we are Bristol City".

I don't think any City fan ever thought that and it became a bit of a running joke.

Most of us are in dreamland at the moment and don't dis respect any other club (the Gas excepted ) knowing from painful experience that at any moment we could revert to the City we all know and "love" !!!

Revert to the City we all know and love....not this season surely .

Long way to go but statement of intent shown in abundance so far .. thanks for the SOD Jesters past update though . :clapping:

Should we really about Fleetwood's 'form' considering the form we are in?

All this bigging up the opposition as Cotts did 'pre match against Vale I don't buy into at all. That's what SOD did, sort of paved the way for another let down'

Of course we have to respect every team we play, but another win please, nothing to fear here except in our heads. 

No more Nice Guy's. 

Should we really about Fleetwood's 'form' considering the form we are in?

All this bigging up the opposition as Cotts did 'pre match against Vale I don't buy into at all. That's what SOD did, sort of paved the way for another let down'

Of course we have to respect every team we play, but another win please, nothing to fear here except in our heads. 

No more Nice Guy's. 

Was more an observation as to how they've gone from their boss being nominated as manager of the month in August, to struggling to score and not winning, that's all.

I agree completely; the way we are just now, we want to be imposing ourselves on opposition teams, and I think that is happening for the most part.

I think what others have said is the key here, and we need to do as against Port Vale; come at them straight out of the blocks and put them on the back foot.  

Was more an observation as to how they've gone from their boss being nominated as manager of the month in August, to struggling to score and not winning, that's all.

I agree completely; the way we are just now, we want to be imposing ourselves on opposition teams, and I think that is happening for the most part.

I think what others have said is the key here, and we need to do as against Port Vale; come at them straight out of the blocks and put them on the back foot.

Exactly this. They have had their promotion bounce, but the last five show two defeats and three draws, we have four wins and one draw.

On our current form we are a match for any team.

May I bring the Right Honourable gentleman's attention to:

Cardiff

Swindle

Leeds

and Peterborogh aint so clever. Man U, Man City, Ckelski, Arsenal.

I hate Palarse, Hull don't sit so well. Forest are annoying and most Northern clubs are just too,well,Northern.

Exactly! Where are Bristol City FC and who are these imposters! I miss depressed days wondering where the next point was coming from, reading angry, bitter and twisted threads on who our worst player ever is and is he in our current team! I miss looking to see if we are above the bottom thick line, I miss calculating the goals against of other clubs and praying they get beaten by the team just outside the play-off places.

I miss the grey cloud over my head

I miss thinking about leaving at half-time

I miss drinking excessively before the match to make sure I was fully anesthetized

I miss reading ranting letters in fanzines

I miss knowing the if the opposition gets one we can only draw at best

However if I really need to feel those gut wrenching low's I can always read the lunatic ravings of one or two on here! There normal service resumed!

Exactly! Where are Bristol City FC and who are these imposters! I miss depressed days wondering where the next point was coming from, reading angry, bitter and twisted threads on who our worst player ever is and is he in our current team! I miss looking to see if we are above the bottom thick line, I miss calculating the goals against of other clubs and praying they get beaten by the team just outside the play-off places.

I miss the grey cloud over my head

I miss thinking about leaving at half-time

I miss drinking excessively before the match to make sure I was fully anesthetized

I miss reading ranting letters in fanzines

I miss knowing the if the opposition gets one we can only draw at best

However if I really need to feel those gut wrenching low's I can always read the lunatic ravings of one or two on here! There normal service resumed!

Ahem... :) ... I do hope you're not pointing your finger in my direction? I might get the HUMp.

(I was sure we'd miss Balders much more too, miss his one on one misses.. but with our lot seem incapable of missing anything lately.. Feels a bit like a newly divorced divorcee missing the missus in those early miss you missus night miss you nights.)

Ahem... :) ... I do hope you're not pointing your finger in my direction? I might get the HUMp.

(I was sure we'd miss Balders much more too, miss his one on one misses.. but with our lot seem incapable of missing anything lately.. Feels a bit like a newly divorced divorcee missing the missus in those early miss you missus night miss you nights.)

WH! You never crossed my mind good sir, be assured of that!

But I like the analogy! Foundering around trying to find something to make angry postings about is just not natural......Well to me anyway, others not so much! :yes:

We now play without fear.  Infact other teams now fear us.  Not without good reason.  The players we have should walk the League.  Which there doing a good job of so far.

We've signed good players but how many times do we say we need to expect inconsistent performances because so many new players need time to gel?

It is the happy camp, the obvious team spirit and quick team bonding off the field which has led to immediate results on the pitch and this is clearly down to the manager and his assistant.

You can sign the best players in the League but without someone who can quickly form them into an effective team with a shared objective you may not see the benefit for a long time.

Hats off to Cotts. and Pemberton for doing a remarkable job so far.

Games now through to the end of November will tell us much more as to whether we are the real deal, or a pretender.

Fleetwood is the first more difficult looking game on that run. Could be a very different feeling OTIB tomorrow night...but feeling confident.

Whatever the result tomorrow, I'll bet you a tenner we'll STILL be top !

After their much talked about 100% start, they've now gone five without a win, and only scored once in that time; anyone else get the feeling it is a good time to play them?

Obviously not quite as bad as Vale's form going into yesterday's game, but I certainly think we might have caught them at an opportune time, including the fact we've got an extra day's rest on them.

Could be good for as as they aren't pulling up any trees right now..as for the extra day off I always feel too much is made about it......

Archived