IGNORED

Fleetwood's Form

samo II

After their much talked about 100% start, they've now gone five without a win, and only scored once in that time; anyone else get the feeling it is a good time to play them?

Obviously not quite as bad as Vale's form going into yesterday's game, but I certainly think we might have caught them at an opportune time, including the fact we've got an extra day's rest on them.

After their much talked about 100% start, they've now gone five without a win, and only scored once in that time; anyone else get the feeling it is a good time to play them?

Obviously not quite as bad as Vale's form going into yesterday's game, but I certainly think we might have caught them at an opportune time, including the fact we've got an extra day's rest on them.

A draw would be an ok result.

Lets remember though guys, they dont have 8 first teamers out injured like S****horpe, a dire defense like Donny or mcGivern in their team like Port Vale. People are underplaying just how weak our last 3 opponents have been. This will be tougher.

That said, we do have the form and confidence to go and nick it!

This has 0-0 written all over it

I think you are right, they are better at defending than attacking and us the opposite. Even though we seem better defensively lately I don't think we have been severely tested giving a false sense of security maybe. Either 0-0 or one team will nick a goal.

But that said this is Fleetwood who are relatively new comers to the league, we should have enough experience and support to cope with them, have we even played them before?

Overconfidence is our greatest threat but so far indications are that SC won't tolerate such an attitude. Still diff to overcome though. Psychology of team games is what makes it so unpredictable.

This is what I'm loving about SC at the moment, his first comments after the Port Vale game was to focus on Fleetwood, after all nothing is won in September.. We have the best manager for keeping players calm and not getting overconfident imo

Lets remember though guys, they dont have 8 first teamers out injured like S****horpe, a dire defense like Donny or mcGivern in their team like Port Vale. People are underplaying just how weak our last 3 opponents have been. This will be tougher.

That said, we do have the form and confidence to go and nick it!

only beat what's in front of you .

Overconfidence is our greatest threat but so far indications are that SC won't tolerate such an attitude. Still diff to overcome though. Psychology of team games is what makes it so unpredictable.

I think tiredness will be our greatest threat.Whilst we stay fresh and take the game to the opposition we should be alright however our replacements need to step up to the plate when the first teamers energy levels drop and they need a break .

Although ,i am impressed with the professionalism of the club who are monitoring the performances of each player in case of a diminution of output .

I think tiredness will be our greatest threat.Whilst we stay fresh and take the game to the opposition we should be alright however our replacements need to step up to the plate when the first teamers energy levels drop and they need a break .

Although ,i am impressed with the professionalism of the club who are monitoring the performances of each player in case of a diminution of output .

It's funny; you;re totally right, but this season (so far at least) we seem to have managed to get quite lucky with having longer breaks than opponents, or seemingly fewer matches in key weeks.

Before S****horpe they had to go out and play in the JPT, and this week Fleetwood have had 24 hours less to prepare.  Plus, with the fact we played on the international weekend and went out early in the League Cup (five League One sides still involved) could see us some key extra rest days coming up too, due to other sides backing up games.

Only 5 or 6? This lot are tinpot, I think it could be a cricket score....

Big Red Rich , with nearly 4000 posts I would believe you ' re a man of reasoning and logic especially having watched some of Citys many poor games through the years especially over the last few seasons . 5 or 6 is possibly an achievable score given such a great start and who knows . Confidence is high at the club and in the Wurzel fanbase but not being able to watch City regularly over the last 12 years since living 10 mins from Fleetwood , I adopted them as a club to watch more regularly as posted a few times before .

Many clubs and fan forums have thought cricket score results against Fleetwood over the seasons and surprises have been many and tails between legs on long return journeys home a regular sight , shown through an unequalled rise through the non leagues to leagues 2 then 1 in just 10 seasons .

A very solid defence built around Nathan Pond and Mark Roberts over the last 1/2 season or so has been inturupted by injury but the record at the back as mentioned elsewhere continues to be strong .

Attack wise the goals have dried up and that continued last night against Barnsley although chances for both sides were a many as our old friend Danny Wilson mentioned post match . ( By the way Lewin Nyatanga had a great game at No.5 alongwith a late appearance by Leroy Lita ) .

As you know though chances created will at some stage lead to goals and if there was little on offer for the forwards I would be worried , but that is not the case as Fleetwood dominated the first half with no joy for their efforts and enjoyed good periods in the second to finish Barnsley off , but hey ho a 0 - 0 can often be entertaining .

I will be standing in the home Memorial with my children with my Wurzel accent and their Lanky twang listening to Drink up thee Cider etc ... having those that know and surround me taking the p*** throughout . 

5 or 6 would need a ref to play a part me thinks but who knows ... for the record I have entered a 2 - 0 City win on the Cod Army Fans Forum where those who view it will notice that many of the Cod Army fans believe that Citys form and Fleetwoods lack of goals will lead to an away win .

Having watched City for nearly 40 years while living in Bristol I find it hard to believe they are here playing ' little old Fleetwood ' on their patch just up the road from me .

Good journey to all , the weather is going to be decent they reckon and we ' re looking forward to coming to the return leg in January already .

Win ,draw or lose- Bristol City will remain top of the league. Remarkable.

Of note , after City , Fleetwood go to Peterborough . The big games keep on coming in this league .

Trying to find a programme from recent years last week when I came across City v Preston in Feb 2011 . City won 4 - 0 with Clarkson getting a couple but I remember their player picking up a nasty injury along the touchline to our left where the stand was being built . It turned out to be a broken leg and remember ' you ' re going home in a St Johns Ambulance ' ringing out from the Zider Army . Football humour ( loosely termed ) aimed at an unfortunate young player of the day .

That player Conor Mcloughlin was another Graham Alexander purchase from PNE ( alongwith the backroom staff ) and will probably be playing saturday . So far he has had a great season and shown consistancy while at FW and that has seen him become part of the Northern Ireland set up .

Will he turn around that past injury nightmare with a goal saturday.......stranger things happen .

Archived