IGNORED

Scottish Links At City

Sargent Pepper

I don't think anyone has mentioned one of our worst signings - Tony Fitzpatrick.  On the other hand, Peter Cormack...

Could never understand why the crowd never warmed to Cormack, I thought he was a marvellous player and should have been the perfect foil for Gerry Gow. We always seem to place "up and at 'em" above subtlety and guile when reality is you need both. I really rated him and I think he got a rough deal here.

Scott McGarvey must qualify as one of the worst ever to wear red and white, dreadful player :grr::facepalm::shocking:

Rubbish. Any player with a better than 1 in 3 goal scoring record that plays for BCFC can't be claimed to be 'one of the worst'. He was a bit wet but 9 in 26 is ok by me.

If you want the worst there is a catalogue of terrible players over the last 30 years.

Perhaps I was being harsh and he just suffered in comparison to Gerry Gow (he was a bit of a Gow lookalike, after all).  I don't think he gave us value for money, considering how much we paid for him though.

Don't think Fitzpatrick was one of our worst signings but for a reported 240k fee he was certainly a big disappointment.

Joined City as a highly rated 23 year old but fairly anonymous as I remember him, with a single goal in 75 apps. before returning to St. Mirren within 2 years for a much reduced fee.

The fact that only his former club were interested in signing him goes a long way to show how much of an impression he'd made in English football.

Archived