IGNORED

Superstition, Ritual And Lucky Pants

Marina's Rolls Royce

Shortly before the Vale game, ATB mentioned his lucky pants( whether joking or not) and it reminded me I wasn't wearing my lucky red socks which I have worn every game this season. I put them on and 3-0.

Yesterday I lost one of my lucky socks and spent several parts of my day trying to find it. Eventually I found it and was greatly relieved that our run would more than likely continue as a result.

Do I have OCD or does anyone else suffer from the strange delusion that an item of clothing or ritual has to be observed in order for City to triumph?

Several.. Always walk on the left up the dolman, always wear the same attire if on an unbeaten run, coincidentally every game I've worn my belated grandfathers watch too ( worn it 11 times) we've won or drawn from being behind! ( won 8 drawn 3) also bacon roll and thatchers pre match!

I always walk along side the side of the pitch in the Dolman, not for superstitious reasons, just for convenience. I always wear a watch, again, not for superstitious reasons, I just like to have the time on me. Always go for a Clark's pie pre match to fill a hole. I have seen city win, lose and draw. What am I doing wrong?    

I always walk along side the side of the pitch in the Dolman, not for superstitious reasons, just for convenience. I always wear a watch, again, not for superstitious reasons, I just like to have the time on me. Always go for a Clark's pie pre match to fill a hole. I have seen city win, lose and draw. What am I doing wrong?

Haha, ok I see the funny side ... The point I'm trying to make is, when we do certain things good things happen. Hardly ever wear that watch just when I do, we never lose!

Love the fact that you spent what as probably hours trying to retrieve a pair of lost socks which, as we all know, does nothing to affect a game of football :clapping: . But it does make me wonder, how many 'rituals' went out of the window last season. 

Ok - I'll try not wearing them on Saturday, On your head be it.

Shortly before the Vale game, ATB mentioned his lucky pants( whether joking or not) and it reminded me I wasn't wearing my lucky red socks which I have worn every game this season. I put them on and 3-0.

Yesterday I lost one of my lucky socks and spent several parts of my day trying to find it. Eventually I found it and was greatly relieved that our run would more than likely continue as a result.

Do I have OCD or does anyone else suffer from the strange delusion that an item of clothing or ritual has to be observed in order for City to triumph?

Love this thread!

I have written about this exact subject for the next edition of OTIB! You can read about mine there (If Published) SHAMELESS PLUG MODS....I DESERVE A WARNING!

I feel I should confess something......

It's my fault we are out of the cup.  Every game apart from that one this season I have had my purple and lime shirt on, and it was in the wash that night.

I am terribly sorry and promise faithfully to wear it for the JPT game next month.

I throw myself at the mercy of the forum and beg for your forgiveness!!!

:mf_sleep:

I feel I should confess something......

It's my fault we are out of the cup.  Every game apart from that one this season I have had my purple and lime shirt on, and it was in the wash that night.

I am terribly sorry and promise faithfully to wear it for the JPT game next month.

I throw myself at the mercy of the forum and beg for your forgiveness!!!

:mf_sleep:

Please refrain from washing your shift on a saturday or tuesday from now on! Even if it smells funny ;) You have been warned!

I've never gone big on replica shirts, but some mates bought me one two years ago and every time I wore it down the Gate we seemed to lose. Admittedly Del and then SOD were the managers, so the odds were high in any case.

Now I just wear my normal clobber and we seem to win. Any hint of City apparell can still bring a disappointing draw though.

I sometimes wear the old red shirt down the pub after the match though - if we've got some bragging rights.

Archived