IGNORED

The Best Game At The Gate Since...

ChippenhamRed

A cracking game between arguably the best sides in the Division.

I thought they were very good and didn't panic when they went 2:0 down. I must say we gifted them both their goals.

As much as I think our attacking play is more than a match for this league their defence is definately not up to the standard of the rest of their team .

A cracking game between arguably the best sides in the Division.

I thought they were very good and didn't panic when they went 2:0 down. I must say we gifted them both their goals.

As much as I think our attacking play is more than a match for this league their defence is definately not up to the standard of the rest of their team .

Hardly say we gifted them their first goal. They'd had a long period of dominant possession, had a decent shot from the edge of the box, Fielding made a very good double save and they eventually forced it in at the third attempt. How on earth is that a gift?

Game is about opinions fella.

Fielding made two great saves and arguably our defence wasn't quick enough to react to the second rebound, not a criticism.

The second was an under hit back pass.

I wouldn't say that they opened us up with a brilliant attack, would you?

Hardly say we gifted them their first goal. They'd had a long period of dominant possession, had a decent shot from the edge of the box, Fielding made a very good double save and they eventually forced it in at the third attempt. How on earth is that a gift?

This might sound ridiculous but one of the few home games I got to at the time was the 1-1 draw with QPR in Millen's first year. We'd been in the shit and they were the big spenders, it was a terrific game, on a Friday night, with a real buzzing atmosphere. Stead scored a screamer, they fluked an equaliser but in reality it could have been 5-5. Sticks in my mind for some reason.

Well aware of the concept of opinions thanks and I was just stating mine. No, they didn't open us up with a brilliant attack but neither does that mean the first goal was 'gifted'. To say that gives no credit to the opposition and makes it sound like it was entirely due to our own ineptitude, which I think is unfair with the first goal.

Second goal's a different matter though...

This might sound ridiculous but one of the few home games I got to at the time was the 1-1 draw with QPR in Millen's first year. We'd been in the shit and they were the big spenders, it was a terrific game, on a Friday night, with a real buzzing atmosphere. Stead scored a screamer, they fluked an equaliser but in reality it could have been 5-5. Sticks in my mind for some reason.

Yes, it was a great game with a superb atmosphere. Newcastle at home was another very enjoyable game against much fancied opposition.

Archived