IGNORED

Joe Bryan

fabio

He's looked really impressive since he broke back into the team. He looks much stronger and far more competitive than he was last season - seems like he's spent a lot of time in the gym.

I'm amazed at how high he leaps to win headers. Good signs for his future and nice for us to see a home-grown Bristol lad doing well - for us!

Really pleased with and for him this season, he's a hard worker and this season it is paying off for him. Yes he does fluff the odd cross, yes he isn't always in the ideal position, but no one is perfect. He has been very composed so far this year and fights for the ball. There have also been a couple of brilliant switches from Ayling over to Bryan that are more than worth mentioning.  

Really pleased with and for him this season, he's a hard worker and this season it is paying off for him. Yes he does fluff the odd cross, yes he isn't always in the ideal position, but no one is perfect. He has been very composed so far this year and fights for the ball. There have also been a couple of brilliant switches from Ayling over to Bryan that are more than worth mentioning.

Did you see Gibbs playing for Arsenal yesterday. Different level off football all together but his crossing left an awful lot to be desired. Let's be careful that we are realistic about our players.

Thought Joe was poor yesterday. He has improved a lot this season though and its only one poor game.

I felt he should of been replaced after an hour.

Hopefully he keeps up his improved form this season, funny old game with opposite opinions eh?

Surprised at that, I thought he did well, especially in the second half.

Surprised at that, I thought he did well, especially in the second half.

I thought he had a bit of a patchy game, but he keeps going and always tries hard. I recall him getting in a tackle in the 90 minute when most players would have been content to defend the space.

Definitely stepping up a gear from last season, and worth his place in a decent L1 side.

Who's crossing, Gibbs or Bryan?

The point I was making is that even players at top teams in Joe's position do not always put in top cross's. Gibbs I thought was particularly poor yesterday. Joe has improved considerably this season. In fact as he is in the team on merit he seems much more confident and one of our key players in the 3-5-2 formation.

One small criticism is that he seems to have lost his shooting boots

Agree with this. He had several very good opportunities to shoot when his pace and power got himself away from his marker but chose to pass instead. He'll learn from this though and just needs to be a little bit greedier and just have a go. He has a very good shot on him and can hit it with both feet. I think he'll score plenty before season end and he can only get better. Exciting player.

Agree with this. He had several very good opportunities to shoot when his pace and power got himself away from his marker but chose to pass instead. He'll learn from this though and just needs to be a little bit greedier and just have a go. He has a very good shot on him and can hit it with both feet. I think he'll score plenty before season end and he can only get better. Exciting player.

Sometimes just a tad too unselfish is Joe.

This is a huge point I feel, I think I mentioned it on a previous thread about him, defenders hate playing against players who can go onto either foot as it makes their job so much harder. It is this that makes him look so balanced and I am constantly amazed at how few top players don't seem to work on this.

This is a huge point I feel, I think I mentioned it on a previous thread about him, defenders hate playing against players who can go onto either foot as it makes their job so much harder. It is this that makes him look so balanced and I am constantly amazed at how few top players don't seem to work on this.

Dunno if it is something you can "work on" PSR. like writing ambidextrously, it's probably just something you're born with. How your brain is wired, so to speak.

Dunno if it is something you can "work on" PSR. like writing ambidextrously, it's probably just something you're born with. How your brain is wired, so to speak.

There are players that are naturally two footed, they are rare for sure, but surely you should be able to practice even basic passes etc, just to give yourself a few more options.

When I was very young and playing football I used to practice on my own using just my left foot (naturally right footed). By the time I was 13 or 14 I could take corners with either foot without thinking about it and play on the left or right of the field equally well (or bad). 

I've never understood why kids are not taught to use both feet from an early age as it gives a player a very good advantage.

Its pretty lazy and dumb of clubs to just accept that some are right footed and some left as, with a little bit of time and patience, players could very easily be both by the time they are playing mens football.

I don't know if its the norm to teach that in Europe or S.America, but it seems so British that we just don't bother.

Precisely :)

Nobody is born two footed, it comes from quality practice. Many foreign players are generally adept off both feet, it is not a genetic quirk they get coached that way.

Mentally some players as kids have a bigger appetite for quality practice than others. Add coaching and you have a two footed kid.

Joe Bryan is admirably skilled both sides. His crossing ability off both feet is eye opening.

Archived