IGNORED

Mark Cooper - Credit Due

old_eastender

Town are doing okay and playing some great stuff which is all down to Mark Cooper and Luke Williams. Hopefully Cooper will make the most of what, I consider, is a really mediocre division this time around.

I sighed with disappointment when Town promoted Mark Cooper as it looked nothing more than a cheap option (which is probably was) and Cooper had a reputation for managing/babysitting clubs who were on the brink of collapse (which I found a genuine concern at the time, with good reason).

A couple of people above have got quite sniffy about the Spurs link. I'd say that Swindon have definitely made the most of the fact that many of our players have known each other for many years.

Former Spurs: Nathan Byrne, Mass Luongo, Yaser Kasim, Jake Reeves, Jonathan Obika and Jack Barthram

Former Brighton: Yaser Kasim, George Barker, Anton Rodgers and Raphael Branco

Southampton Loanees: Jordan Turnbull and Jack Stephens (both centre-backs and good friends) 

But the fact remains that:

Mark Cooper helped make Mass Luongo the consistent force that made him an Australian international, not Spurs (who obviously knew he had potential).

Mark Cooper helped make Yaser Kasim a superb Football League player (and Iraqi international). One of the best triallist/punt signings we've ever made.

Mark Cooper helped has made Nathan Byrne better than when he came here as a Spurs player. 

Mark Cooper has brought in Raphael Branco from Whitehawk and Ben Gladwin from Marlow and is turning them in to very competent Football League players. 

Mark Cooper has got Swindon playing the great football they insist on playing.

We can't afford a sizable squad and there's nothing wrong with how Cooper and Lee Power use the loan market.

I wouldn't commit to saying that Swindon will remain up there throughout the season but if we can maintain the high standards of the last month? Who knows.

I just hope the fans will come back because they're missing out on some of the best football we've played in years (including the Di Canio era). Chairman Lee Power arrived with a terrible reputation in football and hasn't done a lot wrong as of yet but there's still little trust between the club and a sizable section of the fanbase, which is a shame but we've been here before. 

Onwards and upwards (for once hopefully)!

Town are doing okay and playing some great stuff which is all down to Mark Cooper and Luke Williams. Hopefully Cooper will make the most of what, I consider, is a really mediocre division this time around.

I sighed with disappointment when Town promoted Mark Cooper as it looked nothing more than a cheap option (which is probably was) and Cooper had a reputation for managing/babysitting clubs who were on the brink of collapse (which I found a genuine concern at the time, with good reason).

A couple of people above have got quite sniffy about the Spurs link. I'd say that Swindon have definitely made the most of the fact that many of our players have known each other for many years.

Former Spurs: Nathan Byrne, Mass Luongo, Yaser Kasim, Jake Reeves, Jonathan Obika and Jack Barthram

Former Brighton: Yaser Kasim, George Barker, Anton Rodgers and Raphael Branco

Southampton Loanees: Jordan Turnbull and Jack Stephens (both centre-backs and good friends) 

But the fact remains that:

Mark Cooper helped make Mass Luongo the consistent force that made him an Australian international, not Spurs (who obviously knew he had potential).

Mark Cooper helped make Yaser Kasim a superb Football League player (and Iraqi international). One of the best triallist/punt signings we've ever made.

Mark Cooper helped has made Nathan Byrne better than when he came here as a Spurs player. 

Mark Cooper has brought in Raphael Branco from Whitehawk and Ben Gladwin from Marlow and is turning them in to very competent Football League players. 

Mark Cooper has got Swindon playing the great football they insist on playing.

We can't afford a sizable squad and there's nothing wrong with how Cooper and Lee Power use the loan market.

I wouldn't commit to saying that Swindon will remain up there throughout the season but if we can maintain the high standards of the last month? Who knows.

I just hope the fans will come back because they're missing out on some of the best football we've played in years (including the Di Canio era). Chairman Lee Power arrived with a terrible reputation in football and hasn't done a lot wrong as of yet but there's still little trust between the club and a sizable section of the fanbase, which is a shame but we've been here before. 

Onwards and upwards (for once hopefully)!

What formation are you playing?

Archived