IGNORED

Mark Cooper - Credit Due

old_eastender

I went to the same school as MC, He was in the year below me. What i cant make out is he claims to have played over 200 games for Bristol City. ( I cant recall him ever playing in the first team).

Has he really claimed that? I well remember him being on the books, but as you say, I don't think he ever featured in the first team.

Really didn't expect Swindle to be right up there, only 1 defeat and second best (after us) GD. Given the limited budget they have one has to say that Mark Cooper had done a fantastic job there.

I notice we play them Nov 15th following by Preston & Posh - that will 3 tough games on the trot.

You will also notice that Swinedoom play in Nov; MKD A; then US; then Peterb A and the Fleetwood H that's a tough 4 games for them with a quite possible nil points return :shifty:  so will be an interesting month and will sort the men from the boys NO FEAR, ONWARD AND UPWARD :city:

I went to the same school as MC, He was in the year below me.  What i cant make out is he claims to have played over 200 games for Bristol City. ( I cant recall him ever playing in the first team).

I too went to school with him, but that was junior school, I also knew Rachel and Allison pretty well, as well as going around to MC's house on the weekends :)

My senior school days were spent with another famous Mark ( Regan ) 

Swindon, City and P'boro' all play each other in November.

Possibly all three teams will enter November with a "do not lose" mind set rather than a "must win".

Peterborough's new stand should be open for the Swindle game with us being the next visitors.

• Admin

Saw this mentioned in another thread, and someone replied saying that the players who got called up don't have international fixtures that weekend, unsure though!

Correct, their internationals represent Iraq and Australia.

The only clash is that England play that afternoon, so wouldn't be surprised to see a 12 noon kick off

Archived