IGNORED

January Transfer Window Opportunities

Marina's Rolls Royce

Matt Grimes is a tremendous prospect. We should be all over him in January imho.

That is a great shout, but before the season started strangely some the ITK's told us we had already missed out on him because some of the bigger teams had already headhunted him, but he's still at Exeter a team who could have done with quick sell at the time to ease their financial woes to allow them to be more pro active in the transfer market and offset earlier their transfer embargo.

Cover for Elliot, if not direct competition for his place, cover for Wilbs (or should I say god), easily the best frontman I've seen since Super Bob, he just looks literally a league ahead of anyone in his position in this league, the best bit of business since.......Korey Smith, Agard, Ayling, Freeman :laugh:.....

Elliott and Wilbs for me too. No one else in the squad has Elliott's guile and ability to unlock a defence. No one else in squad has the ariel ability of Wilbs.

• Admin

If I were a billionaire football club owner I would be mindful that as a League One club I could spend what I liked on transfer fees whilst if we reach the Championship those fees have to be small enough to ensure we don't spend more than we bring in. I would hope that my manager would ask me to get Dele Alli from MK to compete for a CM spot and to ask Arsenal to sell Benik Afobe to us on this year's accounts (even if he doesn't join until the summer under loan rules).

Elliott and Wilbs for me too. No one else in the squad has Elliott's guile and ability to unlock a defence. No one else in squad has the ariel ability of Wilbs.

I think many are forgetting how big a jump up the Championship is.

Elliott is damn good in this league but in the Championship he wouldn't get so much time.

There is a reason he's now playing for us in League 1.

I think many are forgetting how big a jump up the Championship is.

Elliott is damn good in this league but in the Championship he wouldn't get so much time.

There is a reason he's now playing for us in League 1.

Precisely this. Wade couldn't get game time at a failing Birmingham but is a revelation to us. Same goes for Wilbs.

What eventually gets us back to the Championship may not keep us in the Championship.

It's succession planning .

Indeed. BCFC scouts were present at the recent England U20 match at Telford  watching him. We would be foolish to overlook Christy Pym as well.

Pym and Grimes look quality - there's a fair few young academy lads getting games at Exeter due to financial pressures, but they all seem to be coping. In a region where there isn't many youngsters ( a rugby dominated city, with Torquay and Plymouth to compete with for footballers) it is quite remarkable and we should perhaps take note.

That said Grimes may be destined for higher than City (unless we are in the Championship next season), Pym could be a solid choice though, better than Dave Richards can anyone confirm?

Archived