IGNORED

Their Goal..

cityexile

Only gripe for us for that piece in particular was Smith neglecting Sawyers to go towards people who were already marked. If he'd kept watching Sawyers that shot might not have happened.

No excuse at all for that second half though. We'd been putting better teams away more clinically than that before today.

The issues go a little deeper than that I'm afraid.

If you can't make the point there's a few concerning issues, then when can you?

Where as I agree with you, lets not lose sight of the fact that whilst having these issues, we still are undefeated and we are still top of the league.

For me yesterday, we sat far to deep....and we never controlled the game like Cotterill keeps saying we need to do. Apart from a worldly strike though, our defence was immense and we never looked like conceding until the last 10 minutes.

I would like to see some 'plan b' options. Thought yesterday Walsall had our number from the start, and never once did we try to change our game plan or tactics. Would like to see another option uo front and possibly another option out wide. Agard was marked out of the game yesterday and if the option was there, I would have replaced him

The issues go a little deeper than that I'm afraid.

If you can't make the point there's a few concerning issues, then when can you?

It's a team sport so nothing is ever going to perfect, are the issues any deeper than being a bit tiered (we haven't had much rotation) I don't think there is any massive concern but it is good to discuss these minor issues.

It's a team sport so nothing is ever going to perfect, are the issues any deeper than being a bit tired (we haven't had much rotation) I don't think there is any massive concern but it is good to discuss these minor issues.

That's a worry to start with , we have a starting 11 that will not be able to play every game, it just doesn't happen. Tired ? we had a weeks rest so that's not going to improve.

We have played 2 teams that have hit a bit of form so some perspective is required , on the other hand we have conceded 6 goals in 3 games which this season at least we haven't been used to.  I would like SC to be a bit more proactive , I like Pack and Wagstaff so bring them on earlier if we are conceding the midfield to add so fresh legs , bring them on with minutes to go smacks of hanging on. Wilb's has been massive so far so it's difficult to rest him (even though we will need to soon) . 

I really think we will need to get some others into the starting line up (funny when you think back to times when ideally you'd use as few players as possible) to both give them games and to allow others to rest.  

Of course it could just be a case of us playing three good teams and getting 5 points from 9 out of two away games , not too shabby. Time will tell.

I do worry that not losing will become more important than winning , and if that's the case the sooner we lose (just the once and not Saturday) might be for  the better.

Has anyone scored against us in the last three games, where they have done it on a break against play.

Or have all the goals we've conceded been from where we are sat back letting teams build up?

Even the Pack 'mistake' we were sitting back.

Fleetwood's first i'd say.

Archived