IGNORED

Not Good Enough

Major Isewater

Of course it feels like we've snatched a draw from the jaws of victory and there are some disappointed folks on here however we will only know if this is important at the end of the season so "not good enough" we don't know yet.

I am a little concerned at reports that our energy levels have dropped but our players are being closely monitored for signs of a drop in performance so i'll leave that to the experts.

Our unbeaten run,i hope this is not going to be an obsession to the point of not going for the winning goal just to avoid breaking it .As i've said on here before we could go the whole season unbeaten ,drawing every match and still get relegated . :shocking:

Cott's sub policy,it does seem odd but he appears to know what he's doing so let's trust the boss.

Lastly,great for Ninja Bryan :fear: ,this lad looks the real deal .I hope he gets into double figures this year.

:clapping:

Of course it feels like we've snatched a draw from the jaws of victory and there are some disappointed folks on here however we will only know if this is important at the end of the season so "not good enough" we don't know yet.

I am a little concerned at reports that our energy levels have dropped but our players are being closely monitored for signs of a drop in performance so i'll leave that to the experts.

Our unbeaten run,i hope this is not going to be an obsession to the point of not going for the winning goal just to avoid breaking it .As i've said on here before we could go the whole season unbeaten ,drawing every match and still get relegated . :shocking:

Cott's sub policy,it does seem odd but he appears to know what he's doing so let's trust the boss.

Lastly,great for Ninja Bryan :fear: ,this lad looks the real deal .I hope he gets into double figures this year.

:clapping:

I was thinking along the same lines.

I remember huddersfield fans commenting on their 43 game unbeaten run a number of seasons ago that performances changed as the run progressed to avoid defeat rather than going for victory.

Not an issue at the moment but will be interesting to see our mindset over the coming weeks.

Cotterill obviously has faith in keeping a settled squad/team whenever possible and as City are undefeated and 4 points clear at the top he's had no incentive to tinker with anything.

If on the other hand City were struggling he'd be more tempted to change things. At the moment it's not necessary.

Come the Mickey Mouse Cup this week Cotterill can and probably will make up to 5 changes. Elliot and Abraham are elderly in footballing terms and it would be no surprise if neither of them started, keeping em fresh for the Chesterfield game.

I was thinking along the same lines.

I remember huddersfield fans commenting on their 43 game unbeaten run a number of seasons ago that performances changed as the run progressed to avoid defeat rather than going for victory.

Not an issue at the moment but will be interesting to see our mindset over the coming weeks.

It's a possibility for sure that avoiding defeat becomes a mindset with Cotterill and his squad.

Obviously two wins and a loss brings more points than two draws and a win. Hopefully that's the mindset Cotterill will have developed over his footballing career.

Archived