IGNORED

Gerken And Skuse

Super

Give it a rest ffs. Both were very average championship players for us. Happy for them if they are playing well now. Don't dwell on the past..

Pretty much my view.

Didn't rate either too much for us - definitely Gerken - but they are gone now so good luck to them. Nothing to do with us anymore.

Both playing in an Ipswich team in the top 6 of the Championship. Funny how neither were considered good enough for City by some on here!

Gerken never got a fair crack here, made even worse with the signing of James.

But for me Skuse got decidedly worse season on season, towards the end of his career here he was part of the worst midfield going... constantly allowing attack minded players to ghost past him.

Clearly a change of scenery has done both of them the power of good.

Give it a rest ffs. Both were very average championship players for us. Happy for them if they are playing well now. Don't dwell on the past..

They may have been average Championship players, but if we'd had another 9 average Championship players, City would still be an average Championship team instead of being in league 1

They may have been average Championship players, but if we'd had another 9 average Championship players, City would still be an average Championship team instead of being in league 1

Totally agree.

To be fair we did have 8 other average championship players and 1 good championship player. Just for some reason they were a poor team.

To be fair we did have 8 other average championship players and 1 good championship player. Just for some reason they were a poor team.

Very true, for whatever reason, I would say mainly poor management combined with lack of confidence, as a team they were poor.  If I assume that Albert is the "good" championship player, the following players left at the end of, or during, the relegation season and all played in the championship last season. Staying with Ipswich, Anderson. Add to that Heaton (now prem), Stead, Davies, Pitman, Nyantanga, and Woolford.  Plus we had Baldock (now championship) and Fonts, whose confidence was shot - but he played in The Championship last season, also Carey, Cunningham and Maloney were no strangers to that level of football.  Bolasie left early in the season so doesn't really count.

You could also point at the very quick turnaround in fortunes since SC arrived, he transformed our fortunes with only a little tinkering around in 2nd half of last season. You may think this is another dig at SOD, and yes it is, having said that he recruited some decent players - JET, Wiliams, Flint, Osborne - he just couldn't get it to work.

Managers who were less than average for us?

Skuse became totally ineffective here and rightly moved on for the benefit of himself and BCFC. In that respect, he was crap towards the end of his time here and just going through the motions.

Very lazy with his career imo and should have moved on years ago - he should be at a higher level than Ipswich by now, he had it in him. 

Some would call that "laziness" loyalty though surely? You see a large amount of people (myself included) lamenting that people don't stay with a club for long periods anymore.

Gerken never got a fair crack here, made even worse with the signing of James.

But for me Skuse got decidedly worse season on season, towards the end of his career here he was part of the worst midfield going... constantly allowing attack minded players to ghost past him.

Clearly a change of scenery has done both of them the power of good.

This.

Marvin Elliott from Millwall to us - same thing.

Archived