1st: Bristol City (1,979)

2nd: Sheffield United (1,957)

3rd: Doncaster (1,728)

Top League Two Away Followings this weekend:

1st: Luton Town (1,897)

2nd: Portsmouth (984)

3rd: Tranmere Rovers (886)

Nice one, well done everyone.

Can you even begin to imagine the back slapping w@nkfest that would be taking place amongst certain other fans of a certain other team if they happened to take more away than anyone else in the League?

They reckon they will be hitting 10k for home games this season!

50 minutes ago

Post by GasHeadGaz on 50 minutes ago

I've said it before, if were still playing well over Christmas we'll get a 10k+ gate, and near the end of the season too.

They reckon they will be hitting 10k for home games this season!

50 minutes ago

Post by GasHeadGaz on 50 minutes ago

I've said it before, if were still playing well over Christmas we'll get a 10k+ gate, and near the end of the season too.

Christ.. Imagine how many horses would be smacked if they got 10k crowds every game?

This picking out individual posts as the Rovers' opinion is pretty dull.

..and it appears, not needed, especially as 'GasheadGaz' started eagerly taking the piss out of our home attendances in 1982 before a sensible one pointed out that our average crowds were higher than theirs that year....that'll upset him and a few of the other cocky tinpot turds.

Disappointing atmosphere mind...not that we had a lot to shout about second half. The vast majority were sat down in silence tho which was  a shame.

Second half atmosphere died down as we watched Walsall pass it around with ease for 45 minutes. Everyone was stood in our block and the same goes for the blocks next to us.

..and it appears, not needed, especially as 'GasheadGaz' started eagerly taking the piss out of our home attendances in 1982 before a sensible one pointed out that our average crowds were higher than theirs that year....that'll upset him and a few of the other cocky tinpot turds.

Yes, well and thoroughly put down by his own. Just think, our average in '82 was double their average in their last year at Eastville.. funny that

This picking out individual posts as the Rovers' opinion is pretty dull. There's morons on this forum too.

True, but entirely missing the point. The internet is dominated by moronic opinion, and when it comes to football fans and banter with their rivals, it's almost exclusively so. Did you know, for example, that all City fans are hooligans and believe we are a 'massive club'? Just as all sags punch horses and consider themselves the Manchester United of the Conference. Fact.

Rovers going down amused me for a few hours on the day it happened.  Its was funny on that day.  Many people on this forum have an obsession with Rovers.  They spend as much time thinking about them as they do city.  Never really got it.  Each to there own i guess.  Great away following by us thou.  Coventry should be another big away following as well.

Rovers going down amused me for a few hours on the day it happened.  Its was funny on that day.  Many people on this forum have an obsession with Rovers.  They spend as much time thinking about them as they do city.  Never really got it.  Each to there own i guess.

Away support figures are a hot topic in many mixed City/Rovers workplaces and pubs in Bristol and its usually started by our friends from the North.

A lot of us have colleagues and in laws who regularly bring up in conversation the false belief that their away following is somehow superior to ours. Our away support often gets slagged off by Sags when in reality I think it's pretty good as the stats have always proved, its just we don't make a big deal about it. I don't see the problem with mentioning that.

I believe I'm correct in thinking that I read our 2,500 odd at Seindon last season was our biggest away league match following for about 5 years..?

I think we could well top that against Coventry, especially if we beat Chesterfield on Saturday.

Archived