IGNORED

I Played Football!

stephenkibby.

reading some of the sages on here and comments like king el have you ever played the game is it all its made out to be?

now iv played premier league {south devon} so do I know more than wenger, morino,the spurs bloke or anyone else who has never reached my level.

are some of my mates that never even played mens football thoughts worth listening to? NO

as you have never had any skill [unlike me]  u know nothing about football leave it to the experts on here.

urreeedddssss.

Full Translation:

reading some of the sages on here and comments like king el have you ever played the game is it all its made out to be?

Analysing some of the opinion on this forum raises  ( amazingly enough) questions such as " have you ever played the beautiful game and is it as you think it is"?

now iv played premier league {south devon} so do I know more than wenger, morino,the spurs bloke or anyone else who has never reached my level.

Now I've played at a very low level- somewhere between Down's League and NLBR but do I have more knowledge than a Premier League Manager?

are some of my mates that never even played mens football thoughts worth listening to? NO

Are my acquaintances ,who have never even played the beautiful game, worth listening to? I think not.

as you have never had any skill [unlike me]  u know nothing about football leave it to the experts on here.

As the posters on this forum are clearly devoid of any footballing ability unlike my good self, I suggest you refrain from expert analysis.

urreeedddssss.

Good luck BCFC for the season.

urreeedddssss.

Bit harsh, Pochettino won the Copa del Rey twice with Espanyol and has 20 Argentina caps!

urreeedddssss.

Are you available for tonight's match?

Is a musician's opinion on music always better than someone who can't play?

I know musicians who listen to all sorts of crap.  I'm sure I could eloquently explain to them why Led Zeppelin wipes the floor with all of it.

A similar principle.

From my perspective, when talking to people, you soon realise those who have actually played the game and understand why some things happen on the pitch.

You can also tell those who have some coaching background and an understanding of an ever changing way of playing football.

Modern football is so much different to how it was played even 10 years ago. Much more so than the 70's and 80's....you really can't compare with today's football.

Plus you get a better all round view, if you actually go and watch live football instead of watching everything on tv.

Take it up a notch...being involved in Professional football also gives you a better insight in to why things happen at a club or on a pitch.

Everyone has opinions... we should all respect others opinions, whether we agree or disagree... I find it best to just ignore others that are rude and insulting when they can't agree and behave like an educated adult.

Following City is like having a large family...you can't pick who you are related too...in the same way you can't choose who your fellow fan is...sometimes you just have to grin and bare it.

From my perspective, when talking to people, you soon realise those who have actually played the game and understand why some things happen on the pitch.

You can also tell those who have some coaching background and an understanding of an ever changing way of playing football.

Modern football is so much different to how it was played even 10 years ago. Much more so than the 70's and 80's....you really can't compare with today's football.

Plus you get a better all round view, if you actually go and watch live football instead of watching everything on tv.

Take it up a notch...being involved in Professional football also gives you a better insight in to why things happen at a club or on a pitch.

Everyone has opinions... we should all respect others opinions, whether we agree or disagree... I find it best to just ignore others that are rude and insulting when they can't agree and behave like an educated adult.

Following City is like having a large family...you can't pick who you are related too...in the same way you can't choose who your fellow fan is...sometimes you just have to grin and bare it.

I wonder who is the most "qualified" on OTIB to give a football view?  Do we have any professionals players or coaches on here?

And, is there a football forum where it's well known that Arsey or Fergie or Moyesie are posting???

PS I've the best view of the football which goes without ....

I wonder who is the most "qualified" on OTIB to give a football view?  Do we have any professionals players or coaches on here?

And, is there a football forum where it's well known that Arsey or Fergie or Moyesie are posting???

PS I've the best view of the football which goes without ....

Of all the people I read on here, I would say 'COWSHED' was the most astute tactically.

Speaking for myself...Football wise, pro contracts for Professional Clubs when young, and then Semi Pro football.

Taken F A Coaching Badges and involved in Clubs in the past.

Other than that, Scouting and Football agents.

I now teach Skiing and Ski Racing Professionally and do a bit of Scouting.

I know their are Agents and Scouts and Coaches who have posted on here.

I'll leave that to them talk about if they wish.

I am currently reading this book on my kindle. To say it is in-depth would be an understatement. The author seems to have immersed himself in world football to a degree I find mind boggling. I liked the bit where Stan Cullis, the manager of Wolves, ordered the reserves to hose the pitch even though it had been raining all week prior to their match v Honved, who included many of the great Hungarians, in 1954. Sure enough, Honved took an early 2-0 lead, but then as the pitch became boggy good old English blood and thunder football gained the ascendant and Wolves triumphed 3-2. That's the sort of tactical ploy that we miss in the modern game.

I've heard him on the Guardian Podcast and when he speaks, his fellow journalists listen.  Not exactly light bed-time reading, though.

Stan Cullis' pitch flooding antics were in response to the Honved's coach Helenio Herrera's criticism/observation (after his Barca side had previously beaten Wolves): "You in England are playing in the style we continentals used so many years ago, with much physical strength, but no method, no technique".

I don't know whether to laugh or cry  :englandsmile4wf:

I've heard him on the Guardian Podcast and when he speaks, his fellow journalists listen. Not exactly light bed-time reading, though.

Stan Cullis' pitch flooding antics were in response to the Honved's coach Helenio Herrera's criticism/observation (after his Barca side had previously beaten Wolves): "You in England are playing in the style we continentals used so many years ago, with much physical strength, but no method, no technique".

I don't know whether to laugh or cry :englandsmile4wf:

Neither laugh not cry but salute Stan Cullis for his tactical genius. Should should never let Johnny Foreigner have any tactical advantage.

I hope you mean "grin and bear it", Spud.

After all, the weather's turned nippy - and there's CCTV at the ground!

I watched England v Italy with a group I normally would not have.

There complete lack of understanding for the game was incredible, some of them have played more football than I have.

I won't watch again with them,everything was Rooney or Gerrards fault depending on which team the plastics supported.

Of course not everyone who plays / has played has a better understand or knowledge.

Think you hit the nail on the head there with the last comment, a lot of plastics fail to see past their rivalry.

What I've enjoyed the most this last couple of weeks is seeing and hearing the arsenal fans crawl up Danny Wellbeck's arse. The same people I seen slate him before the World Cup.

Of course not everyone who plays / has played has a better understand or knowledge.

You only have to hear the oft-cringeworthy "analysis" of the former player pundits on TV and radio to agree with this. Likewise the dunderheadedness of some managers, most of whom have played extensively.

Conversely, some managers who've not played much, can have plenty of insight into the game. Liverpool in the 90s had two consecutive non professional players as managers and won 4 cups and achieved decent PL finishes under both.

Playing the game can help you understand it, and should give you sharper insights than most. But there is no short cut for intelligence.

Archived