IGNORED

"bristol City Could Reach The Premier League"

TheCulturalBomb

On 11/10/2014 at 18:50, reddogkev said:

We should've already been there, and promptly been relegated, and possibly have bounced back up, only to have flopped again, all since 2008.

But, all good things come to those who wait.

Let's get the stadium finished first though, eh?

Well... you said it Kev... is it time yet?

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Well... you said it Kev... is it time yet?

Bloody eck, how'd you fish that one out after 2 years?

And indeed you'll find it is time, I'm throwing this comment around like confetti at the moment, but feel %100 confident we are good enough to go up this season (via the play-offs).

49 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bloody eck, how'd you fish that one out after 2 years?

And indeed you'll find it is time, I'm throwing this comment around like confetti at the moment, but feel %100 confident we are good enough to go up this season (via the play-offs).

Trying to stay grounded.

Great start. Just for balance, In our first 11 games, we have only played three sides in the current top ten, and lost the lot. Sheff Wed clearly painfully, could have got something from Newcastle, and maybe Norwich the only team to beat us pretty well, if only 1-0. After Cardiff, we will also have played the bottom seven.

Obviously we dream, and I do think we can get better as the season goes on. Delighted with where we are, but need to see how we get on against more of the 'form' teams first.

38 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

I like the Championship to be honest.It is good, competitive, honest (mostly) football and is full of decent sides nowadays. The premiership can keep its one season money grabbing wonders..

I feel the same.  But the "yo-yo" money is probably essential for a club like us to exist in the Championship.  We struggled this year and last year to match the wages and transfer fees offered by the likes of Burnley - despite us having a billionaire owner.

We are playing brilliantly (in patches) and with a loaned striker could be good enough to stay in the top half.  But, for me, the first milestone is consolidation in this division.  I'm not playing down how much the club has achieved in a short time but until we can dominate nearly all the clubs in the Championship, we haven't got a hope of winning games in the top division.  I don't fancy a season of propping up 19 other clubs unless everyone accepts that we're doing it for the money.  None of us would accept that, we'll all want City to compete.

I'll enjoy this season if we're nowhere near the relegation zone.  And we win the League Cup.  And we sign Abraham.  ;)

im just enjoying the feeling that we can compete at this level. Last time in this league after the first 2/3 of the first season and again the first part of last season, we were getting spanked by the better sides. Now even when we lose against quality like Norwich and toon, we look like we can get a result, this is new territory!

3 hours ago, One man went.... said:

I like the Championship to be honest.It is good, competitive, honest (mostly) football and is full of decent sides nowadays. The premiership can keep its one season money grabbing wonders..

I get this. Love the lower leagues and if City bounced around them for the next 50 years id be there god being good throughout. That being said a lot of us Have never seen City in the top league of English football and if we are not targeting success whats the point. Just enjoy the ride of being one of the top 30 teams in the country and see where it takes us.

COYR 

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

One point at a time sweet Jesus. :laugh:. Yes we all know the land marks but the prize is there to be won! 

Don't forget,were only one injury to a certain player to being 'shit creek'...and there are plenty out there I'm sure who will be trying to knock him off 'ees perch...talk of the Premier league at this point just gives us the style of over-excitable teenagers.

7 hours ago, cityexile said:

Trying to stay grounded.

Great start. Just for balance, In our first 11 games, we have only played three sides in the current top ten, and lost the lot. Sheff Wed clearly painfully, could have got something from Newcastle, and maybe Norwich the only team to beat us pretty well, if only 1-0. After Cardiff, we will also have played the bottom seven.

Obviously we dream, and I do think we can get better as the season goes on. Delighted with where we are, but need to see how we get on against more of the 'form' teams first.

And 2 of the teams we lost against are in the top 3.

Right now that really doesn't matter one iota. Leicester got 4 points from their 4 games against Arsenal and Spurs, it's about what you do against the majority of the teams rather than the minority.

A few weeks ago exactly the same thing was being said about the Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle and Norwich results except it was "top 12" being said at the time. All 3 of those are top teams in this league, and narrow defeats against them is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

If, 10 weeks down the line, Wednesday, Newcastle and Norwich are top 4 and we are top 3, will the same line be used then?

7 hours ago, cityexile said:

Trying to stay grounded.

Leeds had won their previous four matches going into the one against us , not bad form ! 

We also played and beat two  promoted sides who were used to winning and were highly motivated .

We are still ' bedding in ' our new players some of whom have n't even started a game .

We are in the play off position.

We narrowly lost to two 'Prem ' sides and beat the third .

Cause to unleash the hounds of optimism I would say .

It's a great start, but thats all it is. We need to keep learning at the pace we have done so far. History says that all teams hit a bad patch, the test will be how we handle that. The good thing so far is that we have used pretty much everyone in this squad and no one looks out of place, I have yet to hear anyone say "oh no not him" when a team is announced or a substitution is made, a rarity for Bristol City in my lifetime. That could stand us in good stead if and when a loss of form occurs. 

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's a great start, but thats all it is. We need to keep learning at the pace we have done so far. History says that all teams hit a bad patch, the test will be how we handle that. The good thing so far is that we have used pretty much everyone in this squad and no one looks out of place, I have yet to hear anyone say "oh no not him" when a team is announced or a substitution is made, a rarity for Bristol City in my lifetime. That could stand us in good stead if and when a loss of form occurs. 

May be we've had our bad patch.

9 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Don't forget,were only one injury to a certain player to being 'shit creek'...and there are plenty out there I'm sure who will be trying to knock him off 'ees perch...talk of the Premier league at this point just gives us the style of over-excitable teenagers.

Maybe I'll let LJ and SL know that the teenagers are as excited as they are about a push into the top six but will temper it with we are a one man team though. Sure they will feel the 11m they spent was wasted on everyone else and shit creek is just an injury away. 

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

we had our bad patch when we had 1 win in 6 at the end of august/September

Archived