IGNORED

"bristol City Could Reach The Premier League"

TheCulturalBomb

Suddenly there is a wave of optimism sweeping AG. I think we have all seen enough this season to know we have the ability to be a top 6 side.

Will that happen? I'm not sure. Any time who is promoted needs a lot of luck such as, no major injuries, other teams in bad form.

It's just unfortunate for us that this season there is Norwich, Newcastle and Huddersfield who are currently also doing very well. If it wasn't for them I'd say a top two finish was possible.

On what I have seen this season I certainly believe a play off place and a EFL Cup semi is extremely possible.

The confidence is oozing throughout the squad and they believe anything is possible.

From the snippets ive heard a top 6 finish is the expectation from the bosses. 

Just being in the Championship means that there is a possibility of gaining promotion to the Premier League.  Will we do it this season?  I don't think so, but we are going to do a hell of a lot better than we did last season!

I would love to go up, but am happy to settle for a much improved season this year with a proper push in 2017/18.

If we are where we are come Christmas, it will be looking positive for a play off place. I think it may be key to find a like for like for Tammy in the transfer window in case of injury. Would be amazed if Tammy went all season without injury and we haven't seen anything of engvall yet to know what he can offer

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If we are where we are come Christmas, it will be looking positive for a play off place. I think it may be key to find a like for like for Tammy in the transfer window in case of injury. Would be amazed if Tammy went all season without injury and we haven't seen anything of engvall yet to know what he can offer

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet??

It's starting to loom over us like an alien invasion.

So depressing.

:badmood:

Every b******d year.

1/4 of the year wasted trapping around shops - listening to bloody Cliff Richard and Wham.

The lost productivity, the millions wasted on unwanted presents.

None of us are religious, so why do we bother?

Uncle TFR

Someone woke up on wrong side of the bed ! Cheer up TFR. Christmas is a great time of the year! Plenty of football, great time for family and this year, all is positive down the gate.

IMO the only religion is football.

P.S. Christmas doesn't start for me until 1st December so it's all good. I honestly don't know where the year has gone though 

Umm,  I believe we can, will, achieve promotion sometime soon, ( personally hope its just a flirtation for a while up there in the plastic Premiership world of whatever modern football at the top has become) ... then we can come back into the real world where traditionally we belong, div 2 (championship) a world/league where at least a semblance of those pre-ballistic football times still exists.  So for me lets do it for a while, just like a normal everyday person might go on holiday to the fantasy world of Vegas for a few days before yearning for the reality, relief and comfort of home again.... its like stop the world I wanna get off now.

Yes without doubt I believe Bristol City could reach the Premier League sometime soon... its got to happen we've already made that vital signing that will help to take us there...   - I, like most people are, am heavily influenced (albeit subconsciously) by the power of advertisements, so the strong links we now have with that important signing, the Bristol City/Heineken partnership has convinced me that together we can reach the parts other clubs cant.

OK, time for another 'cup of inspiration' for me, I'm off to put the kettle on, bring on the Nescafe.. ;) 

On 05/10/2016 at 10:04, Taxi for Rennie said:

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet??

It's starting to loom over us like an alien invasion.

So depressing.

:badmood:

Every b******d year.

1/4 of the year wasted trapping around shops - listening to bloody Cliff Richard and Wham.

The lost productivity, the millions wasted on unwanted presents.

None of us are religious, so why do we bother?

Uncle TFR

Well Christmas wasn't originally a religious holiday, it was just adopted by religions in order for them to gain popularity.

On 05/10/2016 at 10:41, WhistleHappy said:

Umm,  I believe we can, will, achieve promotion sometime soon, ( personally hope its just a flirtation for a while up there in the plastic Premiership world of whatever modern football at the top has become) ... then we can come back into the real world where traditionally we belong, div 2 (championship) a world/league where at least a semblance of those pre-ballistic football times still exists.  So for me lets do it for a while, just like a normal everyday person might go on holiday to the fantasy world of Vegas for a few days before yearning for the reality, relief and comfort of home again.... its like stop the world I wanna get off now.

Yes without doubt I believe Bristol City could reach the Premier League sometime soon... its got to happen we've already made that vital signing that will help to take us there...   - I, like most people are, am heavily influenced (albeit subconsciously) by the power of advertisements, so the strong links we now have with that important signing, the Bristol City/Heineken partnership has convinced me that together we can reach the parts other clubs cant.

OK, time for another 'cup of inspiration' for me, I'm off to put the kettle on, bring on the Nescafe.. ;) 

It always puzzles me and frustrates me when posters on here say that they don't want City to be in the Premier League! How can any supporter of any team of any sport say that they don't want their team that they adore to be in the highest of the highest of leagues? I'd give my left, nay, my RIGHT bollock for city to be in the premier league and playing European football! Even Europa League! Seeing some of the best players in the world playing at Ashton Gate is something that would resemble a dream world to me.

Archived