IGNORED

My Thoughts On Today...

Londoner

I thought it was pretty even all told- but a game where one team held sway for a time, then it changed.

Certainly they had all the possession for the first few minutes until we broke away and scored. Then I thought we totally dominated until they equalised. Then they fought back until HT.

We took charge right at the start of H2 - then they came back, because they had to.

I certainly didn't see it as a match they dominated, but they deserved a point overall. However, their good play didn't lead to many clear chances and their defending was woeful, so .....

As a Chesterfield fan I think that sums the flow of the game perfectly.

For the amount of possion we have we should create more clear cut chances and concede much fewer chances and that is our weak point this season and last

However we were not out our best today, guilty of overplaying it and Edgar Davids was dissapointing for the first time this season.

The best player on the field was Bryan by a country mile.

We had the majority of possession, you played the counter attack very well and had the better quality chances.

Dissapointed by all this cheating thing going on here. Obviously Roberts stands out like a sore thumb (but I'm sure you've come across him before). Some of the antics by both teams were poor at times, think that episode of trying to get Doyle sent off was as bad as it comes.

Oh and good luck for the rest of the season, doubt you really need it

BBC sport had it 50/50%  and the rest very even.

For me I thought C'field were good, played through midfield well , closed us down very well and caused us problems. They may have played up to the ref a bit but a lot of that was down to him , the penalty dive was a different matter.

Over all I would say we may just have shaded it on quality of chances.  Another good game for the neutral , are there many at the Gate these days?   

Looking forward to a boring 1-0 win  ;)

As I wrote elsewhere I thought Chesterfield pushed us as hard as any team this season, a tough game. They had ability, stamina and the nous to break us down, but unfortunately heavily relied on theatrical diving which the officials bought. They were gobby and niggly and did their best to ruin the game when they could have fully played to their strengths and added to it.

Strong team, but considering the forced change to formation, great win.

In terms of chances, we hit the post a couple of times, and Elliot and Agard both might have scored. Cannot remember to many other chances they had. Reminded me of P'boro a bit, in hard to play against, but not as solid at the back. Cannot say we dominated, but a five minute highlights would show us certainly with the better chances to score.

Thought Chesterfield were one of the better sides to visit the gate, didn't have the individual talent that MK Dons had but they worked well as a whole unit. Can't help but think they need to be a less all out attack, they had 3 up front for spells of the game which must be puting preasure on an already creaking defence. The 2 clowns in the dug out were an embarrassment to their club.

IMO they deserved a point but it was great to take all 3. Bryan, freeman and Flint stood out for me today!

Chesterfield are the best team Ive seen play City. They stopped us playing as fluently as usual, and their pressing of us caused our players to make numerous stupid mistakes all over the pitch. We finished our chances, they did not, which was the main difference.....both defences looked less than convincing today

That said their keepers time wasting pissed me off as did their diving and play acting. IF THE ******* REFEE WAS ANY ****** USE HE WOULD HAVE BOOKED AT LEAST TWO OF THEM FOR DIVING OR PLAYACTING. That referee was the worst one I've EVER seen, he shouldnt be reffing a sunday league match let alone a L1 one...he was ******* DIRE...we got diddley squat from that useless****...we won despite his best efforts.

I was amazed the way the lads were wound up by his dismal management of the game 1st half, we kept 11 on the pitch 2nd. Elliott, Wilabraham, Ayling among others were getting well pissed off...

Archived