IGNORED

My Thoughts On Today...

Londoner

Thought Chesterfield were hugely impressive, the harrying and no stop running for 90 minutes really suprised me. Thought a draw was a fair result but delighted to get the win....if slightly undeserved?

In terms of the players, joe Bryan was our best player by a country mile....looks almost GC like when he stated for us and looked the most likely player to break down their defense....for me it's his balance that makes him stand out, for me was man of the match.

Burns looked absolutely abysmal until his goal! At fault for their second when he didn't follow his man, his touch was poor and so was his decision making....until his brilliant finish....should do wonders for his confidence.

I couldn't believe that SC chose Burns to come on and perhaps SC got slightly fortunate as it was poor defending by him for their goal.

Fielding and flint solid as a rock, Ayling has really come into his own the past few weeks. Freeman looks very good but again decision making could be improved?

Credit to Agard who worked his socks off today.

The ref was largely awful, no consistency and that was disappointing.

But for me a draw would of been a fair result, reat impressed with Bryan, Flint, Fiedling and a very strong Chesterfield side.

P.s wouldn't **** with John Pemeberton he's a nasty bastard when he's angry!

Thought Chesterfield were hugely impressive, the harrying and no stop running for 90 minutes really suprised me. Thought a draw was a fair result but delighted to get the win....if slightly undeserved?

In terms of the players, joe Bryan was our best player by a country mile....looks almost GC like when he stated for us and looked the most likely player to break down their defense....for me it's his balance that makes him stand out, for me was man of the match.

Burns looked absolutely abysmal until his goal! At fault for their second when he didn't follow his man, his touch was poor and so was his decision making....until his brilliant finish....should do wonders for his confidence.

I couldn't believe that SC chose Burns to come on and perhaps SC got slightly fortunate as it was poor defending by him for their goal.

Fielding and flint solid as a rock, Ayling has really come into his own the past few weeks. Freeman looks very good but again decision making could be improved?

Credit to Agard who worked his socks off today.

The ref was largely awful, no consistency and that was disappointing.

But for me a draw would of been a fair result, reat impressed with Bryan, Flint, Fiedling and a very strong Chesterfield side.

P.s wouldn't **** with John Pemeberton he's a nasty bastard when he's angry!

Pretty much sums it all up. I think Chesterfield would have looked back on a draw with a tinge of regret, so they must feel sick!

#Sign of champions!

Got away with it big time. That's what champions do though!

What game were you at?

They were a solid side for sure and were hard to beat, but they had no chances other than ones we gave them, we were rattling the post and causing them all sorts of problems.  They disappointed me, I expected more from them.

A thoroughly deserved win, would have been the biggest crime since the Great Train Robbery if we hadn't won that.

What game were you at?

They were a solid side for sure and were hard to beat, but they had no chances other than ones we gave them, we were rattling the post and causing them all sorts of problems. They disappointed me, I expected more from them.

A thoroughly deserved win, would have been the biggest crime since the Great Train Robbery if we hadn't won that.

They were largely the better side for me. They had 4 corners in the first 5 mins. Broke us down the wings quite comfortably & I thought we were poor when we went 4-4-2. IMO our worst performance this season, gave the ball away very easily.

They were largely the better side for me. They had 4 corners in the first 5 mins. Broke us down the wings quite comfortably & I thought we were poor when we went 4-4-2. IMO our worst performance this season, gave the ball away very easily.

They definitely came at us from the ko, but created relatively little, then were second best for most of the time after we scored.  I agree they broke down the wings, but again, not much came from it apart from our mistake for their second.  Would have been disappointed with a draw.

Still, it's a game of opinions!

Thought  they were ok mainly due to them playing with 12 men says it all when the ref gets a standing ovation from the city fans for giving us a free kick

Not sure how they finished with no players sent off, throwing them selfs down in the box rolling around, taking players out off the ball

We deserved the win

What game were you at?

They were a solid side for sure and were hard to beat, but they had no chances other than ones we gave them, we were rattling the post and causing them all sorts of problems. They disappointed me, I expected more from them.

What game were you at..?!

They controlled most of the game and must be sick at having lost. We couldn't get going at all today but with another 3 goals & 3 points, that bodes fantastically well.

Very good team, strong, aggressive, a lot of energy and kept the ball down on the ground.. But to be fair the ref helped their play style.. I can't remember how many times Evatt climbed all over Wilbie and the ref doing nothing, and their off the ball tackles and diving makes us glad we did beat them, but I was impressed.

Chesterfield looked comfortable on the ball and had a lot of possession but didn't really threaten our goal too much whereas we had at least four other decent chances.

Not sure if it was me but I didn't think we played 442 at any point?

What game were you at..?!

They controlled most of the game and must be sick at having lost. We couldn't get going at all today but with another 3 goals & 3 points, that bodes fantastically well.

Indeed.

Having said that we probably had the better chances. But a point would have been fair.

Chesterfield looked comfortable on the ball and had a lot of possession but didn't really threaten our goal too much whereas we had at least four other decent chances.

Not sure if it was me but I didn't think we played 442 at any point?

We definitely played 4-4-2 in the last 10 minutes of the first half, I don't think anyone had a clue what their position was.

They were very good in possession, were quick to break and controlled large parts of the game. However, we still had the better chances throughout and our back three were more solid than their four. Goals win games and this season we look like scoring every time we venture into the oppositions half. We must be a nightmare to play against at the moment, long may it continue. We always score three, we always score three, we're Bristol City we always score three.     

Chesterfield weren't that great at all IMO. Defensively they were very poor.

They weren't in it until the penalty and then Smith going off and bizarrely being replaced with Burns.

They dived about like no team we've seen thus far this season and put in plenty of unfair challenges of their own. Their management team were utter ***** so no wonder the players were idiots.

Fair play they got on top of us second half for 15 mins as we tired, Cotterill finally made the obvious change of bringing Pack on and belatedly JET and low and behold we got a winner.

I thought it was pretty even all told- but a game where one team held sway for a time, then it changed.

Certainly they had all the possession for the first few minutes until we broke away and scored. Then I thought we totally dominated until they equalised. Then they fought back until HT.

We took charge right at the start of H2 - then they came back, because they had to.

I certainly didn't see it as a match they dominated, but they deserved a point overall. However, their good play didn't lead to many clear chances and their defending was woeful, so .....

Archived