IGNORED

Joe Bryan

fka dagest

I was always a little unsure about him in the past (on the basis of him being a bit weak and unsure), but on today's showing (and in general lately) I think he looks absolute quality.

His poise on the ball and the the way he sweeps and caresses the ball around is a pleasure to watch.  His delivery from the left is nothing short of consistently Premier League class.  He doesn't have to rely on beating the fullback every time because he knows how to bend it in accordingly.

Anyway, I'm so glad, on his showing today, that the club persisted with him.  When he's completely confident and on top of his game he will be some player. 

Well done Wes Burns too and I'm also hoping to see a rejuvenated Bobby Reid.  Suddenly we look like we've got a decent youth system at long last!

I was the same, in that I couldn't see JB kicking on and making the grade. Excellent again today as he has been since he's grabbed his chance Vs Cunningham.

Wes Burns was truely woeful today, but what a finish!! Good sign of character.

The boy is looking very composed on the ball and looks dangerous every time he surges forward.

After the inconsistencies of last season, he is now showing the kind of form that we had hoped for when he shot onto the scene a couple of seasons ago.

He has certainly made the left wingback slot his own and was probably the only player to come out of todays game with any distinction.

He's playing against men and doesnt look out of place. He's maturing all the time and the role suits him, he's part of a winning team and full of confidence that brings. Greg is struggling getting back in, who would have thought?

Wes today largely looked like a boy against men, but kept going and added a winning goal. I think Cotterill said he was a bit subdued in the dressing room after as he knew his mistake lead to their second goal, a sign of the high standards expected of themselves and by the manager maybe. I hope Cotterill realises now what Wes can and cannot do and will use him more appropriately. I hope too that Wes won't dwell on the misses and raise a smile and enjoy the great goal it was.

Onwards and upwards...next!

Wow. He's come on enormously this season. Today I was amazed at how comfortable on the ball he was. He's not lightweight at all, C'field players were bouncing off him at times. Superb, now I can see why C'ship clubs were sniffing in the summer.

First I've heard of this, was there any serious interest?

I was the same, in that I couldn't see JB kicking on and making the grade. Excellent again today as he has been since he's grabbed his chance Vs Cunningham.

Wes Burns was truely woeful today, but what a finish!! Good sign of character.

Agree. After the Oxford game even though he scored I was very unsure about Bryan. He's been immense since and looks a totally different player. Long may it continue. Pleased for Wes also.

Come on he is nowhere near worth that - possibly a few hundered thousand right now. He did well to effectively create the first goal yesterday but then if you watch the build up for their penalty, he got caught. Only 21 but still plenty to learn and he hasn't even had one good full season.

He may become a reasonable Championship player in the future but for now he is just getting to grips with this league.

Let's make a distinction between what he is worth and what his market value is. Your right, he's probably only worth X00K, but if a team came to us tomorrow and said name a price, I think we've got every right to start north of seven figures.

Archived