IGNORED

Sheffield Utd

Aussie

So I'm an exile who travels to our games from London and my neighbours the same for Sheffield.

My Sunday morning convo

"No good Barry? Last min wasn't it?"

"Mate. It's fking terrible. Waste of money. You can say it were last minute but we sat back and like it's been all season, we were clueless at what to do.

I dunno what he's doing. We just lump it long and sort of hope something happens. We're not getting results but we don't deserve to either. I can't see us doing much again."

Apparently they are really ordinary at the moment.

I didn't take offence because I know he's frustrated but I got

"I mean seriously. We're Sheffield Utd, not only are we in this poxy division but we aren't any good in it and we're getting worse. The only thing half decent this season is our crowds.

I mean to be so far behind Bristol is just embarrassing..."

He's a nice bloke and I like Clough so I do hope they turn it around but they've been the biggest surprise for me this season.

So I'm an exile who travels to our games from London and my neighbours the same for Sheffield.

My Sunday morning convo

"Mate. It's fking terrible. Waste of money. You can say it were last minute but we sat back and like it's been all season, we were clueless at what to do.

I dunno what he's doing. We just lump it long and sort of hope something happens. We're not getting results but we don't deserve to either. I can't see us doing much again."

"I mean seriously. We're Sheffield Utd, not only are we in this poxy division but we aren't any good in it and we're getting worse. The only thing half decent this season is our crowds.

He's a nice bloke and I like Clough so I do hope they turn it around but they've been the biggest surprise for me this season.

These days I just adore being referred to as plain Bristol!

AND

I am quite pleased that the Sheffield's second team are so far behind us!

Every club needs a nasty. Ched Evans could do a job for us. Wilbraham won't play every game this season. He's done his time, doesn't take anything away from the fact he is a quality player. I wouldn't say no to Ched in a City Shirt if Sheff Utd don't sign him.

While we're at it lets try and bring In Lee Hughes, Luke McCormach and Nile Ranger to bolster our squad?

Every club needs a nasty. Ched Evans could do a job for us. Wilbraham won't play every game this season. He's done his time, doesn't take anything away from the fact he is a quality player. I wouldn't say no to Ched in a City Shirt if Sheff Utd don't sign him.

on the weekend of'International day of the girl' you're advocating us signing a convicted rapist?

riiiiight. 

I don't think anyone on here would disagree that he's a very good player.

The rape conviction is more likely to be an issue.

My Sunday morning convo

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist a Sheffield United thread.

They are a delusional bunch, bless them. In my time following footy (40 years) they have spent far more time in the lower two divisions than the top table. 

You would think the delusion would wear off and/or the new generation might grow up less so 

Having said that they are a large enough club to be able to hold on to Championship status comfortably; sadly (cough) it seems to be something they are incapable of.

If/when you go up you'll be rubbing shoulders with a truly massive Sheffield club; now the Bowels take delusion to incredible levels 

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist a Sheffield United thread.

They are a delusional bunch, bless them. In my time following footy (40 years) they have spent far more time in the lower two divisions than the top table. 

You would think the delusion would wear off and/or the new generation might grow up less so 

Having said that they are a large enough club to be able to hold on to Championship status comfortably; sadly (cough) it seems to be something they are incapable of.

If/when you go up you'll be rubbing shoulders with a truly massive Sheffield club; now the Bowels take delusion to incredible levels 

Have you been introduced to the horse thumping family club that are lording it  over the Bananarama league? Now there  IS delusion of the funniest kind.

They are like a Phoenix and will rise majestically from their slumber straight to the Premier League with a brand new stadium and a team coveted by all the world's richest clubs but no player would ever leave them because they are sooo loved by one and all.

Only blot is this Saturday they could n't win at the mighty Shots !

Believe me ,i'm not making this up .

Have you been introduced to the horse thumping family club that are lording it  over the Bananarama league? Now there  IS delusion of the funniest kind.

They are like a Phoenix and will rise majestically from their slumber straight to the Premier League with a brand new stadium and a team coveted by all the world's richest clubs but no player would ever leave them because they are sooo loved by one and all.

Only blot is this Saturday they could n't win at the mighty Shots !

Believe me ,i'm not making this up .

Ive heard the same things "straight from the horses mouth"

My Sunday morning convo

They are not going to set the league on fire with Clough at the helm.  Solid and safe but not going to rip the league apart.

From what I understand Ched Evans' return has been a done deal for several months.  The chairman and NC have been in touch with him and everything was agreed by the time of their cup semi-final last season.

Clough's made a rod for his own back with their amazing form last year but I don't think Sheff Utd are doing too badly at all.  Win their game in hand and they're 3 points off automatic promotion - admittedly 7 if Swindon win their games in hand too but I think they're pretty well placed to put a run together.  I'd not be panicking yet if I were one of their fans.  

Whilst the whole Ched Evans thing is uncomfortable, I genuinely think that Sheff Utd believe he is innocent and hence feel no remorse over reemploying him.. Now the likes of McCormick, Hughes, King etc their cases have all been fairly open and shut, whereas this seems to be less so. I wouldn't like us to sign him, but i can see why sheff utd do want to.

From what I've seen Sheff Utd are really ordinary & I'm really surprised by it considering the fanbase & last season's FA Cup run must have generated a lot of cash.

Clough's so blinkered and outdated in his outlook. Long may it continue but I have to say that they'll need to start again with a new manager.

As it stands and from the teams I've seen this season MK Dons, Walsall, Chesterfield, Orient & Colchester were far better & we haven't played Preston or scabby swindle yet

Been interesting chatting to ol Barry and comparing to how it was for us last year.

Everyone says -

1. You shouldn't be doing that badly.

2. Big club, good players it will turn around

3. Good manager that Clough

4. Sooner or later you'll be up there.

Now I hear from him that the performances are utterly atrocious, they seem to punt it long, the players seem to have little idea what to do and the guidance from the bench during the game seems silent or muted at best.

How many times last season did I drive away from another loss to hear "Bristol City won't be down there that long, they are a big club and will turn it around" yet all I saw was loss after loss, hoofball and a shambles on and off the pitch....

Eerily similar in some ways.

Other than the fact Sheffield United looking at the table aren't doing anywhere near as poorly as we were.

Archived