IGNORED

Bristol City Player - Why Do I Still Have It?

Sleepy1968

Its not like its ever been value for money. Less than vhs quality video, and as yet no extended highlights from chesterfield. In fact the highlights are practically the same ones that the club put on youtube. To cap it all I logged into sheff utd player to see the 3 added time goals v leyton orient and find that they put the entire 90 minute games (home and away) on their player. Makes city's offering seem even more pitiful.

Still, fool me once and all that.

Agree with this.

The video quality is poor for this day and age and if it wasn't for the guaranteed match commentary i would of cancelled my subscription ages ago.

Also a real kick in the nuts that other clubs have the full 90mins of some games, would be a nice feature.

• Admin

It was ok to begin with but declined until it became just crap.

I don't miss it at all, the commentaries are amateurish (when it works), and the interviews are inane - paxman needn't worry. The "highlights" are now so brief and look as though no one could be arsed. 

Its a really crap service which isn't worth spending any money on.

Exactly this point, for a club with such a strong media team the whole thing is in a poor state, which is surprising as surely the club want as much income as they can possible get?

Surely youtube should be the "taster" and player should be the full package

I just joined again for the commentary, but when the winner went in on Saturday I'd already had the bbc notification through on my phone.....unfortunately not enough time to get a sizable bet on Burns to score the next goal

Anyone know how long the delay is?

Woodsy: you have to wait 10 seconds before placing in play so no way around that. 

The extended commentary is on you tube for Chesterfield another nail in the player coffin.

Frome Red: Id check your bank balance they take the new subscription without asking or any notification afterwards.

All this should make me cancel but being an exile the only thing worthwhile is the radio commentary. 

I get the impression they have no budget for development at all, its Flash or nothing ... it would surely be a big selling point to provide commentary for those out and about yet their FAQs don't even mention Android?

• Admin

The YouTube stuff on BristolCityOfficial is great. Surely you don't need anything else. 

I do wonder why the club have actilvely taken their footage off of what was their own site?

Don't recally ever reading anything saying this would be the way forward?

Also find it a pain that all photo's now go through Facebook rather than the OS

I do wonder why the club have actilvely taken their footage off of what was their own site?

Don't recally ever reading anything saying this would be the way forward?

Also find it a pain that all photo's now go through Facebook rather than the OS

The club only has control of what goes on the website they can't control when

The website and play are controlled by a contractor appointed by the football league ask bean head about it as he hates it with a passion

Which is why we go down the YouTube and face book road now

The only reason I still have it is for commentary.

The highlights are shockingly bad. On Youtube we have 1080p video, on a paid service it looks 360p at best on "higher quality". Its outdated. The whole thing is cheap and shoddy.

And unreliable.

Am I right in thinking the club is locked into the whole player/website thing until 2017?

I'm a subscriber and thinking of cancelling. The only thing I use it for now is commentary for away games and videos of new signings, lansdown specials etc.

Can I get commentary for away games elsewhere or is player the only place?

Am I right in thinking the club is locked into the whole player/website thing until 2017?

I'm a subscriber and thinking of cancelling. The only thing I use it for now is commentary for away games and videos of new signings, lansdown specials etc.

Can I get commentary for away games elsewhere or is player the only place?

Certainly the main site contract it till 2016/17 I think.

It would be nice to have at least 720p highlights. I can't believe that they aren't recorded in anything less than full HD.

There is clearly some sort of tier system, surely. I sometimes like to watch opposing teams pre match and sometimes previous game highlights and, trust me, we are not getting the short straw in the scheme of things. Some other teams coverage is f*cking shocking. Still, massive improvements could and should be made..

The video quality seems to have dropped quite a bit, certainly not what it used to be and definitely not enjoyable esp. at a time we are doing well on the pitch!

Not all of the videos on youtube make it onto player making it a minor annoyance to have to check both.  The free youtube stuff is great idea but dont forget us poor chumps who are paying!

Commentary is useful as 94.9 is poor for me and maybe the only reason I wont dump it.

Archived