IGNORED

Pack Or Jet To Replace Smith ?

OldlandReddies

With Smith almost certainly out for at least a couple of weeks and Cotts probably changing to 3-4-3 who will replace him, Pack or JET ? Personally think JET will come in and sit behind the front two with Wader playing the 'holding' role and Freeman the 'playmaker'. Thoughts ?

Never in a million years will it be JET. Ayling or Pack will get the nod.

With Smith almost certainly out for at least a couple of weeks and Cotts probably changing to 3-4-3 who will replace him, Pack or JET ? Personally think JET will come in and sit behind the front two with Wader playing the 'holding' role and Freeman the 'playmaker'. Thoughts ?  

Almost certainly out....have you heard anything  ?

Maybe it will be more than one change, SC said he had been looking to play 3 4 3 for sometime, perhaps he will try it Saturday.

Could be. JET, Pack & Osborne all played 90 minutes yesterday so they could all be in for a recall maybe. Think JET deserves his chance as he has made a big impact in the last two games and will be right up for the challenge. Would love to see Cotts 'fit' him into the team.    

No chance JET.

As for who, listening to Cotterill's interview after Saturday, he put Burns on because he has wanted to attempt 3-4-3 for a while, but recognized it as a mistake and acknowledged Burns was poor, despite the winner - but BTW accepted his own part in that by playing Burns on the left which he clearly didn't feel comfortable at - and so I would think Pack, or as an outside bet, Wagstaffe.

No chance JET.

As for who, listening to Cotterill's interview after Saturday, he put Burns on because he has wanted to attempt 3-4-3 for a while, but recognized it as a mistake and acknowledged Burns was poor, despite the winner - but BTW accepted his own part in that by playing Burns on the left which he clearly didn't feel comfortable at - and so I would think Pack, or as an outside bet, Wagstaffe.

Just think that Elliot/Pack or Elliot/Wagstaff would be a negative move. Get Jet in there and scare the crap out of them !

Would genuinly love to see JET in the team, but think SC sees him and Freeman competing for the same place. Pack is the obvious replacement, but he has big shoes to fill based on Smith's performances so far. Really hope we can continue to compete in midfield, which for me was the real problem for much of the early part of last season. If it is Pack, got to support him. Based on good chunks of last year Flint would never have got in the side.

Of all the roles I suspect SC does not see him in, it is as our midfield terrier! If Agard is still out as well however, may be a bigger reshuffle.

........................................fielding.............................................

............Ayling..............Flint................Williams....................

Little.................Elliot..................freeman..................Bryan

.............Agard.............wilbraham.............jet........................

Subs: burns, pack, el abd, Richards, Cunningham, Osborne, wagstaff

Honestly think we should just play our normal formation, but switch Pack for Smith.  Why is everyone so adamant changing a winning formula? Putting JET in the midfield is asking for trouble, sadly in that area you actually have to run around a bit..  I like Ayling a lot, but he's a great Right centre back, and he should stay there.

........................................fielding.............................................

............Ayling..............Flint................Williams....................

Little.................Elliot..................freeman..................Bryan

.............Agard.............wilbraham.............jet........................

Boom. Exactly what I would do. Elliot picking the ball off the back 3, Jet and Freeman swapping passes in front of him with Little and Bryan working hard up and down the flanks, leaving Wilbs and Agard to do the damage up top. Dont get this 'leaving us open,' the side still has a solid look about it and could turn out to be even more fluid than 3-5-2. Pretty sure Cotts will go with the above      

Boom. Exactly what I would do. Elliot picking the ball off the back 3, Jet and Freeman swapping passes in front of him with Little and Bryan working hard up and down the flanks, leaving Wilbs and Agard to do the damage up top. Dont get this 'leaving us open,' the side still has a solid look about it and could turn out to be even more fluid than 3-5-2. Pretty sure Cotts will go with the above

Doesn't look solid to me. Far too little defensive cover. This replaces our most defensive midfielder with our least defensive attacker. Can't see it happening at all.

It's likely to be a straight swap for pack in same formation with Wynter as a sub replacement. Very true in not fixing something that isn't broke.

More than likely to stick with 3-5-2 but good to know we have the ability to change it round to suit certain situations and still get something from a game

I'm a big JET fan, but not as a replacement for Smith under these circumstances.

Cheltenham showed he's flexible enough to play as more than just a forward, but he's still not a defensive player by any stretch, and being we've concealed a fair few recently, I don't think he's the logical replacement here.

I'd put in Pack, or maybe even throw in Wynter, as he's actually played more first team football than Marlon recently, and where better to give young players a shot than at a team on such a bad run as Coventry.

Archived