IGNORED

Unbeaten Run Record

Malago

1954-55 promotion team went the first 13 (thirteen) games unbeaten before getting the only title in my lifetime with 70 points (2 for a win) in Third South. The only real blip all season was three consecutive defeats over New Year but with John Atyeo and Jimmy Rogers scoring goals for fun, they were a joy to watch.

For me still the best team I have seen at BCFC but this one is looking very special so far. Another win or draw on Tuesday night will set a new record.

Thank you. I'm 54 and have never seen a championship winning City team, so hopefully this will be the season we come good again after what will be 60 years.

As a side note, Tuesday night could be a 1 in a 115 year event, City going 14 games unbeaten at the start if the season. You would think the commercial dept would be going into overdrive to publicise that, to sell some extra seats.

The silence us deafening.

Thank you. I'm 54 and have never seen a championship winning City team, so hopefully this will be the season we come good again after what will be 60 years.

As a side note, Tuesday night could be a 1 in a 115 year event, City going 14 games unbeaten at the start if the season. You would think the commercial dept would be going into overdrive to publicise that, to sell some extra seats.

To be fair, it is pretty much sold out already. On a separate thread it was posted that Block D of the Atyeo is the only place with spare seats.

If there is a frustration at all, I suspect it is that in a season when things are going so well, seats are so limited at AG.

Maybe because there aren't many seats left to sell? Think that's a daft criticism.

Before this current unbeaten run of games the top three unbeaten City sides were: 4 Dec 1926 to 26 March 1927 17 games in total. We ended up winning the league and promotion to Div 2. 29 Jan 1955 to 22 Aug 1955 20 games in total (over 2 seasons) and the last City side to win a league title. 9 Sept 1905 to 10 Feb 1906 24 games 2 Div Champions and promotion to 1 Div. The current run began on the 5 April v Preston and yesterdays win at Coventry was our 18th unbeaten, putting us 3rd in this esteemed company.

To be fair, it is pretty much sold out already. On a separate thread it was posted that Block D of the Atyeo is the only place with spare seats.

If that's the case, I apologise. However, it's still an opportunity to make a splash, publicise the club to the wider Bristol public.

We knew a draw or better at Coventry would set this up, so a pre- thought out campaign could have been prepared.

I would still be surprised if the gate on Tuesday is north of 11,500. Hopefully I will be wrong.

1954-55 promotion team went the first 13 (thirteen) games unbeaten before getting the only title in my lifetime with 70 points (2 for a win) in Third South. The only real blip all season was three consecutive defeats over New Year but with John Atyeo and Jimmy Rogers scoring goals for fun, they were a joy to watch.

For me still the best team I have seen at BCFC but this one is looking very special so far. Another win or draw on Tuesday night will set a new record.

Perhaps I should qualify my comment about the 1955 team being the best. This is not in any way to diminish the achievements over six or seven years of the AD side that had good cup runs and won promotion to First Division and stayed there for four years. Those teams were also very special. But perhaps a football team is like one's first girlfriend; one does not forget them ever!

Perhaps I should qualify my comment about the 1955 team being the best. This is not in any way to diminish the achievements over six or seven years of the AD side that had good cup runs and won promotion to First Division and stayed there for four years. Those teams were also very special. But perhaps a football team is like one's first girlfriend; one does not forget them ever!

Agreed. I seem to have a soft spot for the 1989/90 Jordan promotion winning side over any of the others since.

I guess it was my first proper promotion season.

If that's the case, I apologise. However, it's still an opportunity to make a splash, publicise the club to the wider Bristol public.

We knew a draw or better at Coventry would set this up, so a pre- thought out campaign could have been prepared.

I would still be surprised if the gate on Tuesday is north of 11,500. Hopefully I will be wrong.

Winning football matches creates good publicity!

Archived