IGNORED

Bradford Woes!

Anglia Red

Didn't we lose to Bradford in our last promotion campaign 3-1 at home on a foul Tuesday night.

Might be the memory playing tricks but the rain was driving in horizontally and at half time in the centre circle there was a Neil Diamond tribute act singing Sweet Caroline and Forever in Blue Jeans in the eye of the storm  - surreal to say the least.

Didn't we lose to Bradford in our last promotion campaign 3-1 at home on a foul Tuesday night.

Might be the memory playing tricks but the rain was driving in horizontally and at half time in the centre circle there was a Neil Diamond tribute act singing Sweet Caroline and Forever in Blue Jeans in the eye of the storm - surreal to say the least.

Think your right, and didn't Billy Paynter score a freak goal from about 40 yards?

From the few highlights on the FLS, Bradford were unlucky to not score at least one, considering they had 10 men, they didn't play that badly. A poor defensive error killed the game off. It will be another tough game Tuesday.

Also lucky not to finish with 9 men after that defender picked up and threw one of the Sheffield United forwards on the ground for no reason.

Add that to the pretty awful habit they seemed to have of either backing off attackers or barrelling like rugby players, I'd not say they looked worth more than a two nil defeat.

Didn't see that match, but from what I've seen if them this season prior (including against Barnsley), they look very physical and not much else.

Although that doesn't prohibit them turning us over, I'd say that if we didn't head into this weekend's match with any fear, we should have none Tuesday either.

And with their proclivity to tug shirts and knock folks about, am interested to see how they'll react to rapid and agile players like Bryan, Agard and Freeman running at them, because if those highlights are anything to go by, they'll struggle.

From the few highlights on the FLS, Bradford were unlucky to not score at least one, considering they had 10 men, they didn't play that badly. A poor defensive error killed the game off. It will be another tough game Tuesday.

Having watched it on sky they really gave it everything when down to ten men. They may have a few tied legs on Tuesday night

Also lucky not to finish with 9 men after that defender picked up and threw one of the Sheffield United forwards on the ground for no reason.

Add that to the pretty awful habit they seemed to have of either backing off attackers or barrelling like rugby players, I'd not say they looked worth more than a two nil defeat.

Didn't see that match, but from what I've seen if them this season prior (including against Barnsley), they look very physical and not much else.

Although that doesn't prohibit them turning us over, I'd say that if we didn't head into this weekend's match with any fear, we should have none Tuesday either.

And with their proclivity to tug shirts and knock folks about, am interested to see how they'll react to rapid and agile players like Bryan, Agard and Freeman running at them, because if those highlights are anything to go by, they'll struggle.

And whether they'll try throwing Wilbraham about - I wouldn't :fear:

I watched the match and it was poor fare from both sides. Bradford were very physical and didn't present too much of a goal threat all night. Aaron Maclean was their main striker; Stead was brought on with 10 minutes remaining and ran around a lot but by that time Sheffield were content to pass the ball around endlessly across the back line and run down the clock so he didn't threaten to score.

The Bradford captain was sent off for a second bookable offence 20 seconds into the second half and before his manager had returned to the pitch! Sheffield should have been awarded a pen for the wrestling throw performed upon one of their forwards right in front of the referee but for some reason, he allowed it to go unpunished.

Bradford looked like the middle of the table side that they are but despite that, we must not underestimate them. Our high tempo style and pace will cause them problems.

Might be the memory playing tricks but the rain was driving in horizontally and at half time in the centre circle there was a Neil Diamond tribute act singing Sweet Caroline and Forever in Blue Jeans in the eye of the storm  - surreal to say the least.

:laugh:, I was there, and could have sworn it was chesterfield and a 38 year old Wayne Allison who scored at least 2? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me?!

Archived