IGNORED

International call ups / Swindon next month (Merged)

Go Junior GO

• Admin

Swindon have had their last few matches called of because of international call ups in and international week so today when Liverpool recalled Brad Smith today I thought great GAME ON !

Then they go and sign Harry Toffolo from Norwich who is an England Under 19 international so now it looks like GAME OFF ! 

Toffolo wasn't in the last squad.

How many times have Swindon been in administration? I seem to remember a rule that you can only go into admin 3 times before expulsion and I'm pretty sure they've been in twice already. If they're in financial trouble again, it could be very serious for them or have I imagined all that?

And yet with the huge benefit of a wealthy fan/owner we find ourselves in the same league!

Serious question here: how come, with having said benefactor, did you manage to get relegated in the first place?

Basically having a bad manager who signed bad players.

Also constantly changed the starting eleven and played people out of position.

And yet with the huge benefit of a wealthy fan/owner we find ourselves in the same league!

Serious question here: how come, with having said benefactor, did you manage to get relegated in the first place?

Buying poor has-beens on large wages for quick-wins (or losses!).  No real long term plan in place - all came home to roost in the end.

the same as most teams that get relegated...................... poor performance / management over a season

Having a wealthy benefactor doesn't guarentee success..........you had the Wills family on-board and managed to FU spectacularly

Andrew Black is the one we should have kept.

Pity he wasn't even a football fan let alone a Swindon fan.

I don't think it is entirely fair berating us for being a 'stepping stone' for bigger clubs young players.

It's the nature of the beast when there is a tight budget (we are breaking even, you know!).

We either sign journeymen dross or take a chance on youngsters and good coaching.

At the moment it is paying dividends and we have our own youngsters who are worth a few millions if the need arises.

Andrew Black is the one we should have kept.

Pity he wasn't even a football fan let alone a Swindon fan.

I don't think it is entirely fair berating us for being a 'stepping stone' for bigger clubs young players.

It's the nature of the beast when there is a tight budget (we are breaking even, you know!).

We either sign journeymen dross or take a chance on youngsters and good coaching.

At the moment it is paying dividends and we have our own youngsters who are worth a few millions if the need arises.

No problem being some sort of stepping stone.  If it works for both clubs and it isn't done to excess.

• Admin

And what do you base your assumptions as to their value?

I'm too old in the tooth to enter a pissing contest about it.

It really doesn't matter to you if they are or not, just passing on what our Chairman values them at.

Surprised to see that, but guess you watch them more than us

• Admin

One of the top scorers in this League last season joined us for 750k, Freeman for around 500k. I think those valuations are pie in the sky. If not, you should be pissing this League given how your players are so much better than ours.

What! Swindon struggling financially, who would have thought?

Seriously though if they ever got into administration again they seriously need to have huge sanctions against them.

I believe the word "swindle" derives from the Bristolian pronunciation of "Swindon" :noexp:

Will the police try and get us all on the same couple of trains departing temple meads or won't they be too bothered. Just don't wanna get caught up in any procession through the mean streets of swindle.

When I have gone by train previously I've gone when I wanted, even at the other end the Police either just watched us out of the station or kindly suggested a pub 'where all the Bristol were going'  that didn't work out too well I remember.

Any chance of tickets going to general sale?

Probably , but will be in short supply. I'm hoping they are so desperate for cahsflow they release more.

Archived