IGNORED

Our Man Flint

Between heaven and hell

Ha, weirdly, when I saw that photo I thought of you!! Thought it might tip you over the edge!

Oh yes!

This. Can't compare him to the great Shaun Taylor just yet, but the way he's playing this year gives you that same degree of no matter what the opposition through at you, he's going to deal with it

Wasnt Taylor 33/34 when he was here and he was fantastic for sure. Swindon probably had him at his best, a couple of years previous in the Premiership, so aged about 29/30 ish. Aden Flint is only 25 and look at the rate he is progressing, there is certainly a possibility he is in the same mould.

Might be more of a problem for MrRedM though!

Ah, forgot about him for a moment. Had to bring me back to reality didn't you. Dolls, Strawberry, looks like it's a 2 way fight afterall and Flinty breathes a sigh of relief!

Wasnt Taylor 33/34 when he was here and he was fantastic for sure. Swindon probably had him at his best, a couple of years previous in the Premier League, so aged about 29/30 ish. Aden Flint is only 25 and look at the rate he is progressing, there is certainly a possibility he is in the same mould.

Yeah, Taylor was knocking on and had dodgy knees when he came here, but he was still absolute top class

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Flint can't get to that level, but he's not there yet. And, if he keeps going the way he is, we won't be seeing him at his best, he'll be off

Yeah, Taylor was knocking on and had dodgy knees when he came here, but he was still absolute top class

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Flint can't get to that level, but he's not there yet. And, if he keeps going the way he is, we won't be seeing him at his best, he'll be off

Flint has more goals, but probably less inspirational leadership than Sean had in him.

That said, as has been noted, he's hopefully got a lot of years playing ahead of him. See him go and consult Cotterill a few times tonight. He's a growing presence.

Flint has more goals, but probably less inspirational leadership than Sean had in him.

That said, as has been noted, he's hopefully got a lot of years playing ahead of him. See him go and consult Cotterill a few times tonight. He's a growing presence.

He's still a kid Robbo, but I'm sure he could be the type of person that would get his team mates running through brick walls for in time

One of my best mates is a Swindon fan, he wasn't bothered at all when Flint came to us, but he's certainly been impressed with his performances (from afar) this season. He's already planning a 0-1, Flint to score bet on the big game next month!

Some months ago I submitted a post urging the additional signing of a second orthodox No 5, on the grounds that Flint was our only real, six-foot plus, out-and-out, first ball-winning centre half, and that last season he often looked something of a liability. You could never for a moment fault his attitude, which had always been first class, or his ability in the air, where he was rarely less than dominant, but with the ball at his feet he often worried me to death, and I felt his unfortunate succession of sliced clearances, missed tackles, misdirected distribution and, I'm afraid, own goals tended to make the case for prioritising the recruitment of cover specifically for that role.

I am now more than happy to put my hand up and publicly acknowledge that he has proved me completely wrong on all counts. The bloke's performances have improved almost beyond recognition and he has been quite outstanding. If I had a criticism at all, up until recently, it would have been that he was missing too many very presentable chances to score. He's just well and truly shut me up on that point as well. Fair play to the man. I apologise unreservedly. 

Flint is just the type of player City need to help get out of league 1. He heads it, kicks it and tackles. He will get you the occasional goal as well. In some ways he's similar to Marvin Elliot who although a midfielder did much the same thing.

Every successful team need someone like Flint at the back.

and he doesnt mind telling opposition to lay off Frankie. captain material in the making maybe?

It would be nice if we changed his song from Flint, Flint, Flint, Flint to...........(to the themetune to Our Man Flint - look it up on YouTube because I'm not sure how to do a link)

Our Man Flint

He Is Mint

Our Man Flint

He Is Mint

Or something else like this?

On the face of it when as a team we are a little off colour a drew isn't always a bad result, but I have to say I felt gutted for old Flinty tonight as his performance deserved nothing less than three points. From start to finish he was excellent, actually he has been pretty consistent since the start of the season fair play to the bloke I say.

Agreed. The man is a man-mountain, man. He would have sent some sweet tweet last neet had his brace won the race.

http://thenatchwall.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/our-man-flint.pdf

Never mind - hat-trick next time, Flinty!

I worked out last night, I could have technically given birth to both Joe Bryan and Wes Burns. (If I'd been a teenage mum)

Christ I'm old! :(

Sorry. I am confused.

You did a lot of exercise last night, and it was as exhausting as giving birth...twice.

Blimey. Must have been good for the figure!

Sorry. I am confused.

You did a lot of exercise last night, and it was as exhausting as giving birth...twice.

Blimey. Must have been good for the figure!

I am nearly 35. Wes Burns is 19, Joe Bryan is 21, so I am old enough to have technically have given birth to both of them, aged 14 (for Joe) and then aged 16 (for Wes)

Hence me feeling old at how old I am compared to some of our players. Geddit? :)

I am nearly 35. Wes Burns is 19, Joe Bryan is 21, so I am old enough to have technically have given birth to both of them, aged 14 (for Joe) and then aged 16 (for Wes)

Hence me feeling old at how old I am compared to some of our players. Geddit? :)

Sorry Dolly, just my rather stupid sense (lack of?) humour.

I did get what you meant really, and now I have made a lady give her age away.

Sorry youngster!

Archived