IGNORED

Last Nights Goals...

spudski

According to SC, we were working on stopping Bradford at set pieces as we knew their danger...well that worked well then!

At least he admitted we screwed up their

Yeah, I saw he'd said that, Spud. Predicted the game would be about both boxes (not sure which games aren't?!!) and that we'd have to be on it in both. Me bro, sat in the Atyeo, who counts these things as he has more fingers than me, says Bratfoot only had two set-pieces (he might have said only one?) in the 2nd half. Certainly their only corner (I sit to be corrected by a boffin on that). Pretty good conversion rate by them, you'd have to say. Or not such a good defensive performance given we knew their big bloke would be the target? Either way it looked the only manner in which they'd score (having hit the post from 6 yards out in front of Shedman).

According to SC, we were working on stopping Bradford at set pieces as we knew their danger...well that worked well then!

At least he admitted we screwed up their.

That's one of the more endearing things about SC. If he cocks it up he admits it.

I was and been suffering all day on the throne for it!

I said hi to DG when he came in...was catching up with mates I haven't seen in ages tbh otherwise I'd have popped over for a chat.

No worries fella...thought it was you...got engrossed in City talk with DG...will have a chat next time.

It was always going to be difficult stopping Bradford from set pieces when Hanson was brought on. It meant that they had Hanson and McArdle, who are both very dangerous in the air whereas we only really have Flint (Wilbraham is also good in the air but in more of an attacking sense). Ayling was never going to beat Hanson on the knockdown for their second so it was no surprise to see them end up equalising from it. I've said it in another thread but I think Osborne should've been brought on at 2-1 just to add a bit more height in our box. Can't really complain too much though as both of our goals have also came from set pieces!

Archived