IGNORED

One For The Oldies

The Dolman Pragmatist

Still on the subject of 'One for the Oldies' in general, but more particularly Police in the East End, does anybody remember a Police officer (not a PC as far as I recall) with a very impressive moustache who used to just stand and stare at the fans as if daring them to sing (which, of course, they inevitably did) Catweasel? 

A lot of 78 year olds have very few friends left, regardless of whether they were inside :(

PS this message was brought to you by "Laugh a minute Aizoon"

A valid point Aiz, hadn't figured that into my thoughts. You have Horace, and us lot - we must keep your cheerful!?

I must say that from my experiences over the years,including that absolute clown,who stopped me on my way to work at 4.30 in the morning about 6 weeks ago,all coppers are indeed b#######.

Did you get breathalysed?

That's a fairly normal Old Bill method of catching the unwary.

Yes it does bring back memories as I used to be in the EE in those days. Also remember years later going into the open end (Atyeo as is now) and over to crackers corner and 2 rozzers standing chatting as I went by. next thing I hear is ' Ear you come back ere' to which ( in an empty open end) i replied'me', yes he said and on going back he then started on me ( forget about what) I think he had mistook me for someone else and wanted me to leave the ground. After a bit of a few words, he realised he had ( or his hoppo had) a case of mistaken identity and told me to b****r off, without so much of an apology. Yes, in those days they still had a PR problem and today probably mans a police van camera nicking us for doing 35 in a 30 (sore point !!!!)

Archived