IGNORED

Honeymoon

Kid in the Riot

Never been but again Cuba sounds good. I was looking at 2 base holidays, can't remember who offered it tho'.

Basically first part was in Havana and then onto  resort for the sand/sea.  

A lot of the Caribbean seems to involve fantastic beach resorts and very poor local living standards. A friend of  ours went to the Maldives and said she would never go back because of the standard of living of the locals, I guess it depends on the 'culture' you were after.

Blimey, how the other half live...

I recently had a week at Bowleaze nr Weymouth, that's about as long haul as it gets for some of us! ;)

Hey, congrats mate, and fair play to you... Have a great time whatever you decide to do, & if you wanna get in the mrs's good books probably good idea to let her tag along with ya.. :)

I went to the 'Dom Rep' (as the holiday reps call it) for my honeymoon. My missus spent half the week with the shits from a dodgy meal in a local restaurant and I got pissed on the local rum (nicknamed 'Dominican Gasoline') and threw up all over our room. It was very romantic.

You could have done all that in Weston :nono:

I went to the 'Dom Rep' (as the holiday reps call it) for my honeymoon. My missus spent half the week with the shits from a dodgy meal in a local restaurant and I got pissed on the local rum (nicknamed 'Dominican Gasoline') and threw up all over our room. It was very romantic.

Hahaha snap!!! Threw up all over the bathroom after drinking that in the Dominican on our first night of the holiday.

Could not move off the bed until about 2pm the next day, missus was not to impressed!!

Just got back from two weeks in West coast usa. Started in Vegas for 3 nights, drove across death valley and yosemite, stopping for 1 night in each. 4 nights in San Francisco and then down highway 1 to LA and San Diego.

Would highly recommend West coast usa and three weeks will allow you a bit more chill time than we managed.

Then again, our a actual honeymoon was Ireland - Cork and Kerry. Not exactly hot there but great nonetheless.

Good luck in whatever you decide....

Calculus mate, I gave you some tips for the West Coast a month or so ago! Luckily I had about 5 weeks to do it and had an amazing time.

Did Malaysia and Japan for ours. Japan was great for the sights, culture and history. Can recommend a nice spot in Malaysia, if you want to get away from it all in a tropical paradise kind of thing and at a reasonable price too.

I'll take you up on that offer as Malaysia interests me...

My wife and I took a dual stay in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.  So ok, Maldives is beach side paradise, though the experience of culture and hospitality of Sri Lankans was amazing and has left an indelible mark on mine and my wife's lives.  Couldn't recommend the help and assistance of Kuoni on Penn St any higher

I'm with you on Sri Lanka, great country and amazing people who always have a smile on their face. Googled Maldives and christ that looks like paradise pretty dear tho! Thanks for the Kuoni tip their web site looks really useful.

Calculus mate, I gave you some tips for the West Coast a month or so ago! Luckily I had about 5 weeks to do it and had an amazing time.

You did and may I say many thanks - we had an amazing time. As you said Grand Canyon and Death Valley and Yosemite (actually saw bears!) were great, as was San Francisco. On the way down stopped at Monterey for whale watching and San Luis Obispo before finishing with LA and home from San Diego. Absolutely knackered after two weeks but couldn't have gone any better. Again, many thanks to you and others that offered advice - OTIB is always a good place to get advice I think. ..

BTW: bumped in another City fan in San Diego and we'd both just finished 'watching' the Coventry game on the club twitter feed. Wife well pleased!

I've never been on this type of holiday, long haul, all inclusive etc, so forgive me I'm not being rude...but why do many people travel thousands of miles to eat and drink by a pool all day and not see anything of the country they are visiting except for from and to the airport? If it's just a bit of sunshine people are after then they could probably get 4 or 5 to Spain etc for the same price?

It's all about shag bands and laser pens with sketchy projections.

You've obviously not lived.

I've got many of both and some are still in good nic' today.

Travel far and travel hard.

Archived