IGNORED

Dressing Room

TauntonTA2

I think that's half his problem Spud, he couldn't look less like a professional footballer if he tried. Yaya is another example, albeit a slightly better footballer (when he wants to be) than JET

Both look more like a rugby union lock

Having watched JET during the warm up before some away games, perhaps we ought to try him in goal!

Appreciate if you could give examples of his bad attitude?

Why am I not surprised that you haven't come back with an example of bad attitude in the dressing room.............

If you don't rate a player just come out and say so, we're all entitled to an opinion, but if your going to try and justify your opinion by stating something as fact, at least have some kind of evidence to back this up.

Thank you for this, also you're previous posts, you are obviously more educated than myself (some of the wording you have used impressed me somewhat)

:)

Are you ok? You seem to have undergone (do you understand that word?) a Scrooge-like transformation of character? Split personality? Jekyll and Hyde scenario? "#CLUELESS" and "**** off, pal" have been replaced with gratitude, humility and respect.

Presumably you now also have undisputable evidence that JET is in fact the resident harmonious monk of the camp, as well? As at peace with his fellow man as he is Mother Nature an all that she encompasses?

I am fine pal.

Think you misunderstood the posts I made in which you say I showed "gratitude " Gratitude really?? Gratitude to what or too who???!!!! "humility" and "respect" they were indeed taking the wee wee out certain members (all taken in jest I hope)

Think there a few members who need to lighten up when it comes discussions on here, though I'm sure in time I will help them achieve this ;)

I am fine pal.

Think you misunderstood the posts I made in which you say I showed "gratitude " Gratitude really?? Gratitude to what or too who???!!!! "humility" and "respect" they were indeed taking the wee wee out certain members (all taken in jest I hope)

Think there a few members who need to lighten up when it comes discussions on here, though I'm sure in time I will help them achieve this ;)

Was only having a laugh myself, mate ;)

I am fine pal.

Nobody misunderstood anything mate and you're not kidding anybody,either. People here aren't as gullible as you obviously think and we all understood you only too well, thanks.

I'll repeat the point because you still clearly haven't got it yet. You made the mistake of thinking it was OK to write an implied but nasty, unsubstantiated accusation against a named player and you quite rightly got slated for it by just about everybody who read your rubbish, so then instead of doing the decent thing and submitting an honest retraction, you tried to wriggle out of it. You'd already run through the lame dodges of the "I didn't actually say that" (though you did) and the "I'm entitled to my opinion" variety, in a vain attempt to avoid looking a total idiot.

Now you've resorted to the equally tired "I was only having a joke and you lot have no sense of humour" line. Bollocks. There's a very healthy sense of humour alive and well on OTIB: it just you who isn't funny. Nobody's going to laugh at a borderline libelous denigration of an identified player's character, of the kind that can easily start malicious rumours. And for good measure, as a "newbie" you might also want to take note of the fact that the moderators here aren't stupid and don't take kindly to that sort of defamatory material. Do it again and I suspect you won't be a newbie or anything else on this forum for long. Plenty of people have found themselves banned for less.

And I don't need to lighten up, thanks, but when you get your pocket money from your Dad you might want to pop out and treat yourself to a new dictionary. Have a nice weekend and behave yourself.

Nobody misunderstood anything mate and you're not kidding anybody,either. People here aren't as gullible as you obviously think and we all understood you only too well, thanks.

I'll repeat the point because you still clearly haven't got it yet. You made the mistake of thinking it was OK to write an implied but nasty, unsubstantiated accusation against a named player and you quite rightly got slated for it by just about everybody who read your rubbish, so then instead of doing the decent thing and submitting an honest retraction, you tried to wriggle out of it. You'd already run through the lame dodges of the "I didn't actually say that" (though you did) and the "I'm entitled to my opinion" variety, in a vain attempt to avoid looking a total idiot.

Now you've resorted to the equally tired "I was only having a joke and you lot have no sense of humour" line. Bollocks. There's a very healthy sense of humour alive and well on OTIB: it just you who isn't funny. Nobody's going to laugh at a borderline libelous denigration of an identified player's character, of the kind that can easily start malicious rumours. And for good measure, as a "newbie" you might also want to take note of the fact that the moderators here aren't stupid and don't take kindly to that sort of defamatory material. Do it again and I suspect you won't be a newbie or anything else on this forum for long. Plenty of people have found themselves banned for less.

And I don't need to lighten up, thanks, but when you get your pocket money from your Dad you might want to pop out and treat yourself to a new dictionary. Have a nice weekend and behave yourself.

Haha quality me ol mate!!

I sense a lot of negativity towards me, cmon now, it's only a forum after all.

Hope you have a nice weekend and City bring 3 points home for us all.

Keep smiling and don't let life get you down Cliffy boy!! :)

Haha quality me ol mate!!

I sense a lot of negativity towards me, cmon now, it's only a forum after all.

Hope you have a nice weekend and City bring 3 points home for us all.

Keep smiling and don't let life get you down Cliffy boy!! :)

It may be stating the obvious, but the negativity, as you call it, is not towards you personally (since we don't actually know each other) but towards what you wrote. Anyway, I've made it clear what I think, as have quite a lot of other people. My work here is done, I believe. We'll draw a line under this one now, shall we?

PS You'll be pleased to know that I am indeed smiling and that life is treating me very well, thanks.

Think Cotts may shake the team up a bit today. Perfect opportunity against what I think is the weakest team we have played away this season. Every chance that the likes of JET, Waggers, Cunningham, Osborne & El Abd may be given their chance from the start. The team has looked a little jaded in the last few games so it makes perfect sense to 'rest' a few today. 

Think Cotts may shake the team up a bit today. Perfect opportunity against what I think is the weakest team we have played away this season.

I think it will be one of our toughest encounters yet and the fixture has stood out in my mind as the potential one to end our unbeaten run for a while now. I would like to see JET involved more today although I've been saying that most of the season.

A bit contradictive your last two posts re effort.

Have I said disruptive anywhere??

Said attitude.

Re harmony, why would SC leave our so called best player (gifted) out of the starting 11 week in week out unless his "attitude" was not to the required standard of a cohesive winning team????

What makes me think that disruptive and attitude are two things you may know a great deal about?

It may be stating the obvious, but the negativity, as you call it, is not towards you personally (since we don't actually know each other) but towards what you wrote. Anyway, I've made it clear what I think, as have quite a lot of other people. My work here is done, I believe. We'll draw a line under this one now, shall we?

PS You'll be pleased to know that I am indeed smiling and that life is treating me very well, thanks.

I am happy to draw a line under it of course.

I do though still stand by my opinions.

I am glad that life is treating you well and you are smiling.

Here's hopefully looking towards 3 points today, though I believe we will come away with 1 (which I personally will be happy with).

Thought at Coventry we looked jaded in a few departments and during the 2nd half, thought the job was done which nearly came back to bite us in the bottom.

Believe SC won't freshen things up (starting 11) until we do lose a game and I can't really blame him.

JeT doesn't look like a man whop is disruptive or unhappy,

in-fact when he came on tuesday I personally thought he put in the effort that is required to push someone else out of the team, he keeps doing that and he will be selected,

I was in the dressing room pre-match agaisnt Notts County last season, we werent in the best postions and we were not safe and I can tell you that these guys get on there was no huddles or exclusion of players,

If its like that when we are struggling then it must be like living in a cider factory with free access to as much cider and clarks pies as you like

for me.....here lies the problem.

There has to be a reason why, a kid with as much talent as he has, has dropped from Premiership hopeful.....to bit part league one player.

Its not his lack of ability.  The kid is some talent.  Arsene Wenger and Mick McCarthy have both made comments in the past about his wortk rate.

For me, do I think JET is a disruptive elemet to the changing room? far from it.  I think this lad is very much liked.  I just think he is so laid back, he just doesnt care.  I dont mean he doesnt care about the club etc.....I just dont think he cares enough to work that much harder, to improve his game.  He has no personal ambition to knuckle down and reach the top

Sad thing is, he will spend the rest of his career in the middle divisions.....he wont make half as much money as he could, and he certainly wont be as successful as he should

for me.....here lies the problem.

There has to be a reason why, a kid with as much talent as he has, has dropped from Premier League hopeful.....to bit part league one player.

Its not his lack of ability. The kid is some talent. Arsene Wenger and Mick McCarthy have both made comments in the past about his wortk rate.

For me, do I think JET is a disruptive elemet to the changing room? far from it. I think this lad is very much liked. I just think he is so laid back, he just doesnt care. I dont mean he doesnt care about the club etc.....I just dont think he cares enough to work that much harder, to improve his game. He has no personal ambition to knuckle down and reach the top

Sad thing is, he will spend the rest of his career in the middle divisions.....he wont make half as much money as he could, and he certainly wont be as successful as he should

Apologies, before I get slated for adding my opinion again, but I think your opinion about JET and caring, is a lot of why I think (my opinion) about the harmony of the dressing room would be better off without him. My reasons being, in any work place if you have an individual who is on more money than most, you are going to get people resenting that (human nature) I would imagine Jet is one of the better paid players at the club.Especially when you see a footballer, who if applied, himself would still be in the Prem or at worse the championship.

Surely if JET was applying himself in training then he would be the first on the team sheet?

That brings me onto his attitude, whilst I agree to some previous comments of fitting into SC "style of play" (to a degree, not sure about the compatability one mind) in one of the reasons why he has not featured more often this season, I believe it's more down to his attitude towards being a Pro footballer as why else would a guy with all this ability, potential, pedigree call it what you want, be warming a L1 bench week in week out this season??

Apologies, before I get slated for adding my opinion again, but I think your opinion about JET and caring, is a lot of why I think (my opinion) about the harmony of the dressing room would be better off without him. My reasons being, in any work place if you have an individual who is on more money than most, you are going to get people resenting that (human nature) I would imagine Jet is one of the better paid players at the club.Especially when you see a footballer, who if applied, himself would still be in the Prem or at worse the championship.

Surely if JET was applying himself in training then he would be the first on the team sheet?

That brings me onto his attitude, whilst I agree to some previous comments of fitting into SC "style of play" (to a degree, not sure about the compatability one mind) in one of the reasons why he has not featured more often this season, I believe it's more down to his attitude towards being a Pro footballer as why else would a guy with all this ability, potential, pedigree call it what you want, be warming a L1 bench week in week out this season??

Trouble is TA2 is that if and when Jet returns to the starting line up for whatever reason- your opinion becomes entirely suspect- if it isn't already.

So - and in conclusion

Apart from him always having time for us fans, an inspired combined 50 goals and assists in less than two seasons - what has the "fat, lazy, bad attitude and doesn't care" Jet ever done for us?

Id like to think of it as, what more could he help us achieve if he utilises the gift he has

Trouble is TA2 is that if and when Jet returns to the starting line up for whatever reason- your opinion becomes entirely suspect- if it isn't already.

If it brings a positive outcome then I will be only too happy to get slated, after all, I like most people on here only want to see City do well

What a joke of a thread! If you speak to SC in person, he is quick to tell you what a top lad JET is and how he is the first player to welcome new signings and take them under his wing. He supports the teams of all levels within the club and is a joy to have around the place.

Fitness is the only question mark over JET.

What a joke of a thread! If you speak to SC in person, he is quick to tell you what a top lad JET is and how he is the first player to welcome new signings and take them under his wing. He supports the teams of all levels within the club and is a joy to have around the place.

Fitness is the only question mark over JET.

Everytime he comes out to warm up at half time he does does one twos with all the flag bearers 

IMO he has shown nothing but a complete professional attitude this season and has accepted being a team player with open arms.... he provides something from the bench that no other team in our league has got.... as he has shown.... well done big lad I say

A complete professional attitude eh?? Hmmm oh dear

Thank you for this, also you're previous posts, you are obviously more educated than myself (some of the wording you have used impressed me somewhat)

:)

As you are on a learning exercise, perhaps you would care to note the following.

The word " there" in your original post is incorrect. "There" is an adverb meaning "in that place".

The word you were looking for is " their" which is a pronoun meaning "of or belonging to them".

It does make it easier for one to understand the sentence.

As you are on a learning exercise, perhaps you would care to note the following.

The word " there" in your original post is incorrect. "There" is an adverb meaning "in that place".

The word you were looking for is " their" which is a pronoun meaning "of or belonging to them".

It does make it easier for one to understand the sentence.

You missed that he misused "you're".

A complete professional attitude eh?? Hmmm oh dear

If you are referring to his performance yesterday, I feel it was the only poor one he has had in his limited appearances this season. If you are referring to the unfounded allegations on the other thread, I guess one reads it they want and you clearly want it to confirm your unwarranted criticism.

Archived