IGNORED

Cheerio Centreplate/lindley

View from the Dolman

Bristol Sport have announced Mark Kelly as the new Chief of Stadium Operations (http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/ashton-gate-stadium-chief-of-stadium-operations-announced/)

Also tucked away in the announcement...

"This week we informed Centreplate, our current catering providers, that from the end of this season we will take all of our catering in-house."

Centerplate, for the unaware, is the rebranded Lindley.

So Centreplate is in fact Lindleys.

So nothing changes. What a disappointment.

It states that we are taking things in house from next year - ie they are gone.

They did this at Taunton/Somerset and it was the best thing they ever did - the staff directly work for the club and actually care about their jobs and quality of service etc. Hope same happens at AG

They did this at Taunton/Somerset and it was the best thing they ever did - the staff directly work for the club and actually care about their jobs and quality of service etc. Hope same happens at AG

Don't confuse people with the truth and facts.... It confuses them... ;)

My apologies Tom.

I failed to access the link until just now.

It's obviously great news.

I wonder if the arrival of the unhappy and critical of the catering at AG rugby fans has made a difference?

My apologies Tom.

I failed to access the link until just now.

It's obviously great news.

I wonder if the arrival of the unhappy and critical of the catering at AG rugby fans has made a difference?

I don't know if it was the arrival of the rugby or not, but I thought we were always told that the current contract had to expire before things could be changed.

Excellent news.

Hopefully this means consistency of service now and maybe BSport could maybe do a bit of market research as to what the masses would like to eat / drink?

The supporters trust survey I completed online this week did exactly that.

Follow Tescos mantra (before they changed things and it all went wrong) I think they're going back to what made them a huge success in the beginning...

Pile 'em High - Sell 'em Cheap

If we buck the leisure industry/sports stadium trend of ripping off 'captive consumers' taking a leaf out of Tesco's original retail philosophy of Pile High - Sell Cheap .... Everyone will be happy & the club will make shed loads of profit due to volume of sales.

Nows the time for a brave new beginning - catering & onsite sales receipts could rocket if done well with happy customers as a priority..

COME ON CITY - BRISTOL SPORT - MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Agreed, Clarks Pies for sale in the ground would be fantastic!

Personally I'd look to getting Pieminister involved. A North St. based brand too but with a higher quality of pie than the Clarks ones. I'd pay 3-4 quid for a Pieminister pie, never for a Clarks one (lets face it, that'll be the stadium price point).

Archived