IGNORED

A Just Back From Barnsley

The Casual Connoisseur

I can only assume this is some kind of joke. Unbeaten in 7 months but the 'warning signs have been there'?

Do you expect us to go out and turn over teams every week? We're not Wolves, we don't have Sako to call off the bench, we've done incredibly well to go this long unbeaten. The very rare anomaly aside, it doesn't happen.

It's obvious how we have more gears to go through. We beat Coventry at a canter without playing particularly well, and dug deep to get a draw today. In previous years we would have lost, guaranteed.

Just because we're unbeaten for 7 months doesn't mean there aren't warning signs. That would be a bit like ignoring the oil light because your car has never broken down.

I think we're there to be shot at & rightly so as we're

TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

So enjoy it.

The measure of the Manager now is what to do next as other teams are scouting us and working us out.

its no coincidence that the Bradford keeper midweek was doing what the Donny keeper did earlier in the season by immediately throwing the ball wide and long because our wing backs have pushed on so much thus exposing the three at the back to attack.

Teams are working us out & if they can live with us then they'll be in with a shout of beating us.

The "gears" fans talk about is really what the manager is going to do next.

The good thing about

league 1 is that we could go out and spend in January and there's not many clubs who could do that in our league.

Games will get tight and its intetesting to see that JET's gradually having more of an influence.

We must enjoy the ride as along with the weather it will get tougher.

Its now that Cotts needs to show his credentials.

Maybe we could see the reverse of last season.

JET could go from being a relative irrelevance to become a vital play maker and goal-scorer. 

An honest view.

I'm not quite sure if I've just seen us play badly or our opposition play well.

Hats of to Barnsley they threatened our goal more than any other team this season and if I'm honest, they deserved all 3 points.

We didn't click today, not in any department. And if it wasn't for an excellent clearance from Flint, 2 great saves from Franke and the wood work we would have come home empty handed.

On a plus side, we never gave up and battled for a point, JET for me was the difference, Barnsley didn't know how to cope with him and he nearly created a great goal after beating several players.

Overall an off day at the office with a bittersweet day for Ayling whom I thought was poor, yet took his goal well.

We're still unbeaten, were still top of the league, so little to worry about, however I'd be naive if I didn't recognise the warning signs, they were flashing brighter than ever.

A decent point, that we arguably didn't deserve. I'll take that any day of the week.

JET was the difference in 20 minutes? That's some performance.

Osborne is desperate for his chance, id be tempted to give him a chance to show why he should be infront of Ayling. Joe Bryan good going forward today but average at the back. Guess it's something we sacrifice with our wing backs.

Thought Freeman had an off day today, maybe trying too hard.

Something worth mentioning, I thought fielding had an really good game, good saves, distribution possibly best I've seen from him. Would need to see their first again but it was well placed and you can't blame him for not saving the penalty.

Would be tempted 442 at home

Fielding

Little

Flint

Williams

Cunningham

Agard

Elliott

Smith

Freeman

Wilbraham

Jet

For those who were there SC described our first half performance as "great".

I was a little surprised by this as didn't sound like we were playing well on the radio and we didn't have a shot on target in the first half.

It was solid and fairly controlled despite a lack of shots on target.

Just because we're unbeaten for 7 months doesn't mean there aren't warning signs. That would be a bit like ignoring the oil light because your car has never broken down.

warning signs of what? Losing a game? There's a reason teams don't go on runs like this. We have managed to have a wobble without losing a game. I just think this is a bit of an over reaction.

I really don't know why so many people are overreacting about the performance today. It wasn't great, but neither were we dominated aside from around their two goals- one of which was a blatant dive for a penalty. I think sometimes people forget that the opposition are going to go through periods of good and bad form during both a game and a season. To be honest, we completely controlled the 1st half and they came out in the second half and upped their game. We weren't great, but neither were we terrible. It happens, on to the next match

Another thing. Where are these warning signs? Can you tell me a game we've been 'on the ropes' in this season? Today aside, there isn't one.

No I mean on the ropes, not under pressure to concede an equaliser. If that's "on the ropes" then god knows what the reaction would be if we actually lost.

There were many hairy moments after Walsall equalised, but I do see what you mean. Just wish more games would be more comfortable in our favour but you can't win them all

There were many hairy moments after Walsall equalised, but I do see what you mean. Just wish more games would be more comfortable in our favour but you can't win them all

Do we really want to be bored? Tuesday's game wasn't a great performance but, by God, it wasn't boring!

As I see it:

The other teams have worked out our system.

Most obvious is them pushing up stopping us playing out of defence.

Change of tack required I think. Formation change, bring in JET and a minor change to the defence.

Give the other teams something to think about.

Do we really want to be bored? Tuesday's game wasn't a great performance but, by God, it wasn't boring!

Must admit I didn't think much to Tuesday. Was fairly end to end but the final ball was poor from both teams. Today though... my god, for a half-hour spell in the second half every attack looked like a goal was coming.

Must admit I didn't think much to Tuesday. Was fairly end to end but the final ball was poor from both teams. Today though... my god, for a half-hour spell in the second half every attack looked like a goal was coming.

Agreed. Technically poor but not boring.

Well today had a similar predictability as other games this season :-

Barnsley take the lead then come under pressure

Coventry two up, back to two one should be two two because of glarring miss then we break and get the third.

Walsall 1 up then under pressure and draw

MKD won but two up then back to two two.

Chesterfield seesaw game could have gone anywhere

Rochdale away one up then got battered 2nd half

Bradford up and then level up and then level.

Fleetwood pegged back again

Colchester one down

Oxford semi second string of sorts then lost

Were OK and clear but it ain't all rosy.

Sorry if it don't make sense I've had a couple

Happy Dayz

I really don't know why so many people are overreacting about the performance today. It wasn't great, but neither were we dominated aside from around their two goals- one of which was a blatant dive for a penalty. I think sometimes people forget that the opposition are going to go through periods of good and bad form during both a game and a season. To be honest, we completely controlled the 1st half and they came out in the second half and upped their game. We weren't great, but neither were we terrible. It happens, on to the next match

I don't get to many away games but I was there today. Chipdawg has already posted almost exactly what I was going to say about today's game.

Thoughts from today :

Barnsley - I wandered round there for a bit before the game. What a dump.

Oakwell - Not a bad ground and far better facilities for away fans than AG (for now)but thank god we don't do all those commercial sponsorship announcements over the PA - in some cases during the game would you believe !

Archived