IGNORED

Why Can't People Just Enjoy It..?

Vincent Vega

Not a dig at anyone just a genuine question, we have been dross for 5 years & now we have a team playing attractive attacking football.

we are top of the league & unbeaten....yet every other thread is we need to change this or change that.....is it we have been so poor for so long that we have forgotten how to enjoy this period....please explain it to me as i am struggling to understand... :blink:

Have to admit I think some on here seem to think it is all about us and we should steamroll every team we play. We are a new team who will only improve throughout the season, would like to see a couple of additions in Jan and I think we will be fine.

Not a dig at anyone just a genuine question, we have been dross for 5 years & now we have a team playing attractive attacking football.

we are top of the league & unbeaten....yet every other thread is we need to change this or change that.....is it we have been so poor for so long that we have forgotten how to enjoy this period....please explain it to me as i am struggling to understand... :blink:

You wait until we lose a match, everyone from the tea lady upwards, will be under scrutiny.

Have to admit I think some on here seem to think it is all about us and we should steamroll every team we play. We are a new team who will only improve throughout the season, would like to see a couple of additions in Jan and I think we will be fine.

Which remains to be seen, maybe we have peaked and wont find these imaginary gears that people keep talking about... maybe we'll blitz the league, who knows.

Agree with Super, It is just people can see we need improvement, especially with the number of goals we are conceding. Nobody can argue that we need to fix that.

I think that most people )if not all) are enjoying it , and long may it continue.

What a few on here are concerned about is the conceding of goals , I would be willing to bet SC is looking into it as well. 

The best time to take stock and look to improve has to be when you're going well.  I too think we may see an addition (or 2) in Jan.

I don't see it as complaints or moaning , a team should always look to improve and to fix any perceived faults.

You wait until we lose a match, everyone from the tea lady upwards, will be under scrutiny.

Correction.

The tea lady was sacked yesterday evening as a result of dropping 4 points in the week and because fans are demanding changes to be made. We have taken a Teasmade as a replacement - initial 2 month loan with a view to a permanent buy when the window opens.

For my mind, if people don't see conceding 13 goals in 7 games and losing a lead in the game in

6 of those 7 as a concern then they need to think a little more long term.

We are shipping goals alarmingly and not always getting them back.

Sides are regularly scoring 2 goals a game against us home and away.

Bradford coming and getting a draw scoring 2 goals at AG is not "a good point " no matter what people say.

I think this forum is at it's most annoying when we are doing well. People desperately trying to find things to moan about, posts about changing an incredibly successful formation, team personnel and hoping we will lose soon

I disagree Dave.

When the negative comments get you down at least there is the consolation of being able to look at the league table to put the negativity into perspective.

For my mind, if people don't see conceding 13 goals in 7 games and losing a lead in the game in

6 of those 7 as a concern then they need to think a little more long term.

We are shipping goals alarmingly and not always getting them back.

Sides are regularly scoring 2 goals a game against us home and away.

Bradford coming and getting a draw scoring 2 goals at AG is not "a good point " no matter what people say.

No, fair enough, but the other 32 that we've assembled from the other 14 games haven't been too bad!

This is what annoys me, EVERYONE is enjoying our league position, goals and attractive football. But we shouldn't be conceding as many goals as we have been, this is an area we should aim to improve BEFORE it costs us not after

I would agree but I think you can enjoy some moderate success but still be aware of failings and hope the team can improve on them.

Recently for me, I don't think we've played particularly well at all with the exception of the Cheltenham game.. We have been second best in a lot of games but have still managed to get a result.. the sitting back and inviting pressure with the inevitability of conceding is becoming a real nuisance though.

There's a characteristic within football supporters that enjoys discussion, debating and analysing the simplest of atoms to the z degree, that's just the way we are.

Secondly, City fans (like most others) have been scarred permanently by excessive exposure to what can only be described as 'shitness'.  Our mentality is to expect the worse and when things do go well we can't automatically alter our long-term self-perception, telling us that we will, inevitably, **** it up. It's the self-fulfilling prophecy and inferiority complex of a depressant - and one I think Cotterill should take huge credit for addressing: "I'm a winner".

Linking in with both the first and second point, there is a self-preserving insurance card played in forecasting failure a)it defends you personally from disappointment and b)if failure does occur you have the smugness of being able to say 'I told you so'.  I remember arguing with people until they were blue in the face that we were not going up in '07 because Johnson was too negative, we're riding our luck etc.

When we did succeed, someone resurrected a thread that was promptly locked and told 'can't you just enjoy the promotion'.  We all agree that after promotion is secured, it seems trivial to bring up old debates.  So the 'insurance (I told you so) card' only works for those forecasting doom and failure.  It is a very safe hand.  

And finally as an afterthought, there is massive discrepancy between people debating results with performance.  The latter is very much opinion based but we're still arguing chalk with cheese.

Here endeth the morning sermon.  Go forth and support the red men.      

There's a characteristic within football supporters that enjoys discussion, debating and analysing the simplest of atoms to the z degree, that's just the way we are.

Secondly, City fans (like most others) have been scarred permanently by excessive exposure to what can only be described as 'shitness'.  Our mentality is to expect the worse and when things do go well we can't automatically alter our long-term self-perception, telling us that we will, inevitably, **** it up. It's the self-fulfilling prophecy and inferiority complex of a depressant - and one I think Cotterill should take huge credit for addressing: "I'm a winner".

Linking in with both the first and second point, there is a self-preserving insurance card played in forecasting failure a)it defends you personally from disappointment and b)if failure does occur you have the smugness of being able to say 'I told you so'.  I remember arguing with people until they were blue in the face that we were not going up in '07 because Johnson was too negative, we're riding our luck etc.

When we did succeed, someone resurrected a thread that was promptly locked and told 'can't you just enjoy the promotion'.  We all agree that after promotion is secured, it seems trivial to bring up old debates.  So the 'insurance (I told you so) card' only works for those forecasting doom and failure.  It is a very safe hand.  

And finally as an afterthought, there is massive discrepancy between people debating results with performance.  The latter is very much opinion based but we're still arguing chalk with cheese.

Thank you  :thumbsup:

I am enjoying it like every other Bristol fan, but it would be extremely naive to not notice the fact that we are far from perfect and yet to see us 'at our best'. 

We are now only top if Preston don't win their two games in hand so I think it is fair for some fans with their eyes open to voice concern that we need to make minor amendments if we are to sustain the position we are in at the moment.

There have been quite a few games which have concerned me - the three that spring to mind are Rochdale away, Fleetwood away and Barnsley away. All three games we have gone in at Half time fairly comfortable, looking like the top team we are. However, after the half it all falls apart for between 10-30 minutes. We fall asleep and I expect anyone who attended all these games will agree. 

Now before everyone jumps on me, in each of those three games we have showed tremendous spirit to fight and get a point. However, as we are striving for perfection, it is perfectly understandable that some fans are concerned about the lapses in concentration that seem to be costing us. 

I, like any other city fan, am thoroughly enjoying the position we are in at the moment and the fact we are the only undefeated team in the league. But there is still room for improvement in certain aspects which just shows the potential this team has.

I've not come across 1 person who is moaning about our position and how well we've started.

I've come across a few who've noticed a few frailties in the team and have pointed out where we can improve, I don't seee anything wrong with that though, especially when we are conceding lots of goals, constructive criticism?!?!?!?!

Until the fat lady sings, people will moan. And even then, some will moan because the fat lady isn't singing their tune.

If you don't like what people are saying ignore them. If you can't do that, don't fraternise with them. Simples.

Until the fat lady sings, people will moan. And even then, some will moan because the fat lady isn't singing their tune.

If you don't like what people are saying ignore them. If you can't do that, don't fraternise with them. Simples.

When the fat lady sings, some City fans would moan that she isn't fat enough.

Archived