IGNORED

Why Can't People Just Enjoy It..?

Vincent Vega

It's not hard to feel slightly gutted at the table and think we might go down to 2nd IF Preston win their games in hand, but then you'll realise how far we have come this year to be gutted we will be off top of table after 1/3 season has gone.

Unbeaten all year and playing some great football at times, yes we can still improve certain things and there will be times we don't play well - but that's what makes the game so excited and it's been a while since Iv been so enthusiastic about City generally. Those that are moaning need to think about the last 2-3 years and compare that to now

There is a reason why we are the top scorers in the country we are a very attacking team which will obviously leave us open at times.

There is some truth in this. Fleetwood and some others spring to mind, where we were certainly still pushing forward when we conceded. Equally, we are shipping goals when frankly we have a lot back. Unfair to take one game in isolation, but fair to say something has changed from the first eight games when we conceded just four goals, including four clean sheets. Difficult to put my finger on what has changed however.

I think as others gave said, the first eight games set our expectations, maybe somewhat unfairly, and we are coming to terms with that a little. Seems to be a great team spirit, but it's actually a fair while since we dominated anyone. The football is entertaining, and against my initial hope of top six we are doing fantastic. Tell me a City fan that does not dream of being Champions however. Against that benchmark we are rightly concerned about our form of late.

Rather than cueing up to have a go at Cotts, it is credit to him that we are setting ourselves such a high benchmark!

There is a difference between moaning and constructive criticism.

Precisely.

Nothing wrong with suggesting how changes might be made to keep the team on its unbeaten streak.

Having a feel good feeling walking to and from our games is something we're all getting - and long may it continue, it's been long enough!

In my view, we might look at resting one or two players who've been ever presents and maybe giving JET and Osborne a start.

But Cotts is the guy who sees them train and has analysed the next opponents and in Cotts I trust. He's done such a lot of good for the side so far.

So in answer to the OP: we have opinions and suggestions because that's what football fans do, but we're making them with smiles on our faces.

******* lovin' this season :-D

I think that most people )if not all) are enjoying it , and long may it continue.

What a few on here are concerned about is the conceding of goals , I would be willing to bet SC is looking into it as well. 

The best time to take stock and look to improve has to be when you're going well.  I too think we may see an addition (or 2) in Jan.

I don't see it as complaints or moaning , a team should always look to improve and to fix any perceived faults.

I agree!    It will a lot easier to attract good players if we are still top of the league or thereabouts.

Which remains to be seen, maybe we have peaked and wont find these imaginary gears that people keep talking about... maybe we'll blitz the league, who knows.

Agreed.

People keep saying 'we weren't at our best' in this game or that game. I dunno! What if we were? What if we are/have been playing at our best? Who knows if we can actually play that much better?  

If we can't, that still suits me as this has been an incredible run and if we don't go up, although this will have been for nothing, it was an enjoyable time.

All that said, more players could gel and click concurrently and we could streak ahead of everyone else... Whichever, C'MON YOU REDS!

This is what annoys me, EVERYONE is enjoying our league position, goals and attractive football. But we shouldn't be conceding as many goals as we have been, this is an area we should aim to improve before it costs us, not after.

Careful - you're not moaning are you?

On this forum you are not allowed to say anything negative as that is 100% of the time moaning. It's black and white: say something positive, you're ok. Offer a word of advice or area to improve? Moan! Negative! Can't you just enjoy yourself?

Agree 100% Aaron: things are brilliant, absolutely amazing, it is insanely enjoyable (none of this will wash, by the way, with those who see what comes next as moaning) but if we could somehow regain that defensive solidity we had in the first few games, get a couple of clean sheets (we really should have kept one at Cov) it would do us the world of good, confidence-wise. Teams are seeing us as fair game and attacking like mad knowing we'll more than likely concede. And that looks like it might continue longer than our ability to keep scoring.

Strikes me that those who complain about us moaning, are moaning about us moaning. Not the OP but there are people on here who only comment 'stop moaning' to constructive criticism or looking for what can be improved. Their decrying us as moaner says more about them and their attitude, for me. But that's just my opinion.

Moan over.

I think that most people )if not all) are enjoying it , and long may it continue.

What a few on here are concerned about is the conceding of goals , I would be willing to bet SC is looking into it as well. 

The best time to take stock and look to improve has to be when you're going well.  I too think we may see an addition (or 2) in Jan.

I don't see it as complaints or moaning , a team should always look to improve and to fix any perceived faults.

Absolutely agree 100% - another striker is, for me, of paramount importance now, not when poor old Wilbs runs out of fuel. Maybe Osbourne could come in now to shake up the defence, too, although I'd be b*ggered if I can identify who to drop. Ain't broke/don't fix it doesn't wash with me. We could make a couple of changes and still keep an unbeaten run going. Maybe some complacency is slipping in? Not sure. Sure of one thing, though: wait till Jan 31 to think about another player coming in and it could easily be too late. Now's the perfect time to keep the self-selecting first 11 players on their toes... (Was that moaning?)

In another couple of weeks minus one year we will have won our first game at home :facepalm:  remember all the dreariness that went with that terrible time. Point being you can be too negative/defensive minded, (last season up to xmas) and forget all about attacking flair, hands up who wants to go back to that.

Our anyone can score attitude now, is great for us fans and yes it may impinge on our defensive record, but its a fine line to walk, myself I would much rather we air on the side of attack.

SC and Flinty and the defence are well aware of the situation but imo attack is the best form of defence.

Agree with Super, It is just people can see we need improvement, especially with the number of goals we are conceding. Nobody can argue that we need to fix that.

Only 4 teams in our league have conceded less than us. Which I don't see as a problem,the most important thing is,we have the best goal difference and the most points :)

It's not just us; several Chelsea fans ringing in to "606" tonight. All moaning about conceding late equalisers and how they could have been nine points clear at the top if the defence wasn't so porous. "We're drawing games we should have won" etc.

Correction.

The tea lady was sacked yesterday evening as a result of dropping 4 points in the week and because fans are demanding changes to be made. We have taken a Teasmade as a replacement - initial 2 month loan with a view to a permanent buy when the window opens.

Good, she was a wrinkly old tea-bag anyway....:)

Not a dig at anyone just a genuine question, we have been dross for 5 years & now we have a team playing attractive attacking football.

we are top of the league & unbeaten....yet every other thread is we need to change this or change that.....is it we have been so poor for so long that we have forgotten how to enjoy this period....please explain it to me as i am struggling to understand... :blink:

It's called continuous improvement.

For my mind, if people don't see conceding 13 goals in 7 games and losing a lead in the game in

6 of those 7 as a concern then they need to think a little more long term.

We are shipping goals alarmingly and not always getting them back.

Sides are regularly scoring 2 goals a game against us home and away.

Bradford coming and getting a draw scoring 2 goals at AG is not "a good point " no matter what people say.

I know what you mean, and our apparent difficulty holding onto leads worries me. But then I look at the league table and, as well as all the other 'best in the league' records we currently hold, no-one has won more games than we have!,

So when we change formations and we lose a game 2 - 0 or draw 2 -2 do we need to change it around again because we are leaking goals?

We are set up to attack, and that has served us very very well so far, leave it as it is for me.

That's a good point well made. Hope our attacking continues to function at such a quality standard it has so far...

Archived