IGNORED

Weston F.a Cup

Redmycolour

Can anyone enlighten me the safety issues over a puddle in the penalty area?

I was going to ask the same. More understandable in Rugby with the scrums, malls and whatnot but don't understand the H&S risk with football.

Yes, it will impede the quality of the football but this is the first round of the FA Cup, quality is not the order of the day. A shit pitch acting as a leveller between Weston and Doncaster should be an integral ingredient!

Remember the Watford game being called off on Boxing Day at AG a few years ago, with away support already rocked up. TBF, the weather was ok but then ****** it down from about 2PM onwards. Both managers agreed it was the right call that day though, so frustrating as it was for us all, the decision was understood.

Can anyone enlighten me the safety issues over a puddle in the penalty area?

I was only typing what the ref was saying as I was watching on the tv. If it was my decision I would have delayed by half an hour, ordered 2 tons of Weston's finest beach sand and got the game on. I wasnt there and couldn't tell much from the tv but the ref seemed to be saying water had drained into an area and likely to continue to do so.

Not the same as our Watford game when the whole pitch was saturated and the game would have been a farce. If the Weston game could have started it would have been a typical cup tie. But obviously in hindsite if a player had been injured there would have been an outcry. Ref stayed very much on the side of caution.

I was only typing what the ref was saying as I was watching on the tv. If it was my decision I would have delayed by half an hour, ordered 2 tons of Weston's finest beach sand and got the game on. I wasnt there and couldn't tell much from the tv but the ref seemed to be saying water had drained into an area and likely to continue to do so.

Not the same as our Watford game when the whole pitch was saturated and the game would have been a farce. If the Weston game could have started it would have been a typical cup tie. But obviously in hindsite if a player had been injured there would have been an outcry. Ref stayed very much on the side of caution.

From who? Both managers were in favour of playing the game.

• Admin

The problem was the water flowing from the pitch next to the ground, I guess for this reason they knew sanding the are wouldn't have helped

Interesting part was the Weston groundsman was adamant all morning that the pitch would not be playable, but guess the referee gave it every opportunity to get it played

Leading up to the big game with Doncaster great news for the club with resigning of ex city Kane Ingram. A great player and just what the club need at the moment hopefully a vital boost at the right time.

Albeit Cup tied but an experienced player to support Tom Jordan and everyone.

I know this is a City site but hopefully we all want to help our local non league clubs, bar one.

• Admin

Leading up to the big game with Doncaster great news for the club with resigning of ex city Kane Ingram. A great player and just what the club need at the moment hopefully a vital boost at the right time.

Only problem was his disciplinary record !

Pitch has been covered for tonight - no rain forecast so will be on.

Unlike the first attempt the groundsman is happy the game will take place this time

You lot are missing Plummer and Diallo, who are hardly setting Aldershot alight tbh

Edit: noticed Tristan Plummer is now on loan at Weymouth, should've gone to Arsenal

The Plummers promised much but delivered very little.

Weston must be in with a great chance as today's Post is showing Doncaster playing them and at home to Notts County in the Johnston's Paint at the same time. Having to field 2 teams must be difficult for Doncaster.

Weston must be in with a great chance as today's Post is showing Doncaster playing them and at home to Notts County in the Johnston's Paint at the same time. Having to field 2 teams must be difficult for Doncaster.

I assume the Piss Pot Trophy takes precedence?

Archived