IGNORED

I Need To Vent Before Today's Big Game...

Lack of Action Man

Sat on a train from Weston to Bristol, full of glory hunting Bath Rugby fans.

Now, I don't mind if you prefer rugby over football, that's fair enough - I like football slightly more, but also love rugby myself. But what I can't stand is people who don't support their local team whatever the sport.

Like Wtf - your gonna have to change trains at Temple Meads to get to Bath?!

Anyway, that aside I predict a 2-2 draw today with goals From Wilberforce and Flint

Now, I don't mind if you prefer rugby over football, that's fair enough - I like football slightly more, but also love rugby myself. But what I can't stand is people who don't support their local team whatever the sport.

Anyway, that aside I predict a 2-2 draw today with goals From Wilberforce and Flint

I'd say many more people from Somerset support Bath than Bristol and Weston is in Somerset, not a suburb of Bristol as some make out.

That would be my explanation.

You have to remember that when Bristol played at the Mem, they were distant and difficult to get to for Somerset-based rugby fans.

In fairness, living in W-S-M and supporting Bath is fair enough! Bath have always had a big following, think back to 80's and 90's etc. If they were off to see Leicester I'd agree!

I'd say many more people from Somerset support Bath than Bristol and Weston is in Somerset, not a suburb of Bristol as some make out.

That would be my explanation.

You have to remember that when Bristol played at the Mem, they were distant and difficult to get to for Somerset-based rugby fans.

Point well made but!.....

W-S-M was indeed part of Somerset, pre '74, it is now 'North Somerset', ex-Avon.

Feeling pedantic....

Point well made but!.....

W-S-M was indeed part of Somerset, pre '74, it is now 'North Somerset', ex-Avon.

Feeling pedantic....

True AR, but some of us refuse to acknowledge the constant tinkering with county boundaries that were established in Saxon times.

On the train from Warminster to BTM , Bath rugby fans everywhere and not a single football fan. I appreciate people like different things but never personally thought of going to watch Bath Rugby as not only do I love my City its thrice/four times more expensive! Not to mention their ground is the biggest dump in UK Sport (bar the mem).

True AR, but some of us refuse to acknowledge the constant tinkering with county boundaries that were established in Saxon times.

Bring back Avon!!

(no don't....)

It's fair enough supporting Bath as the big local (ish) team in my book, take the argument about localism too far and everybody in Weston should be watching Weston.  As they will do in the FA cup soon.

Bath Rugby have a huge fanbase for a Rugby club, West Wiltshire is full of them their tops are everywhere!

I do think that if City were to actually make it one day in the Premier League Somerset and even Wiltshire would attract a lot of people to watch us.

Not so sure.

That's one of our problems, so many people in this 'massive catchment area' everyone always goes on about are actually ingrained Rugby followers.

Not so sure.

That's one of our problems, so many people in this 'massive catchment area' everyone always goes on about are actually ingrained Rugby followers.

And the reason they are Rugby followers is that that Bath have been one of the country's most successful clubs. If City were to ever make the Prem that is a success and I would like to think Premier League Football is more attractive than Premiership Rugby.

In 2008 there was City 'fans' everywhere in the region.

Bath egg chasers are so far up there own ass its painful, and the way the glory hunting ***** look at you on the train is even worse, its like something they have stepped in, vile lot.

I think that goes for Bathonians in general, they think they're better than everyone else.

Archived