IGNORED

I Need To Vent Before Today's Big Game...

Lack of Action Man

It still pisses me off, regardless of being in Somerset or not. If the train is your preferred method of getting to a match then why can't they support Bristol if they have to come through Bristol anyway.

Guess I'm alone on this one.

The people who get off at Temple Meads won't be at Ashton Gate until after the people that stayed on the train arrive in Bath and walk two minutes to the ground. Also, there is no direct train to Bath, going through Bristol is the only option.

P.S. It would have been a lot lot worse when they played at the mem. Given the choice between a city centre location or horfield, which would you have chosen back in the day?

It still pisses me off, regardless of being in Somerset or not. If the train is your preferred method of getting to a match then why can't they support Bristol if they have to come through Bristol anyway.

Guess I'm alone on this one.

No you are not alone. But IMO the reason why they all support Bath is because when professional rugby started, Bathh went for it big time. While Bristol bumbled along as an amateur club trying to compete. Lots of Bristol players left Bris for Bath. Stuart Barnes being an early example.

But now with Lansdown owning them, the move to a decent stadium welcomed by every Bris supporter I have spoken to, there is a very real opportunity that Bristol having finally arrived as a professional rugby club, will join the elite Prem and become a club to be reckoned with, rather than forever being the poor relations.

Then we will see many from the greater Bristol area preferring to follow Bris. I have not felt so excited by City and Bris for nearly forty years. Both on the up!

The people who get off at Temple Meads won't be at Ashton Gate until after the people that stayed on the train arrive in Bath and walk two minutes to the ground. Also, there is no direct train to Bath, going through Bristol is the only option.

P.S. It would have been a lot lot worse when they played at the mem. Given the choice between a city centre location or horfield, which would you have chosen back in the day?

Weston trains stop at Parson Street just ten minutes walk to Ashton Gate.

How can Bath fans be everywhere travelling on match day when their temporary stand riddled ground only holds 6000 odd. That must mean no one from Bath goes.

Support your local team!

14,000 temporary seats. If Bath ever got relegated, their could not go back up becausebtheir ground does not comply with Premier Rugby rules.

14,000 temporary seats. If Bath ever got relegated, their could not go back up becausebtheir ground does not comply with Premier Rugby rules.

TBF they've been looking to move for at least 20 years.

Bath nimbys make Bristolian ones look laid-back, and Bath local governance makes BCC look efficient.

Archived