IGNORED

Dear Oldham

Welcome To The Jungle

Oldham played great football and their number 7 was always finding pockets of space even in the first half and that beast they had up front was untouched able .

Yes, there 7 stood out for me, but although that beast was strong and won his fair share in the air, he had absolutely no end product whatsoever.  If he was on the ball I was quite happy our goal was safe.  I expected more of Forte, as someone else has said, you wouldn't have known he was playing until his name was announced as he was subbed off; I will put it down to good defending.

Welcome to the jungle I can only echo what you have said. I thought their away fans were amazing. Really vocal & loud & def hard core. I to wish the Latics well. I thought at times we made a fair amount of noise but I'd like to hear more. Cracking match - & City def deserved the win.

It was a strange atmos, esp first half and before the goal, eh?

Whether it was just succumbing to a noisier away following, or it was a bit colder than usual (??wtfais!??) but it couldn't have been for the lack of action on our part - as many have noted we 'came flying out of the traps' and 'should have been 3-0 up in the first half a minute' etc etc so there was plenty to get behind. Once we let them into the game/they came into the game you could understand our noise dipping a bit and their confidence and noise growing in tandem, but we made little noise to start with.

After the goal (check out the block by Williams [?] to enable Wilby to have a free pop at his pass to Agard; similar to corner routines where players make runs to block off opponents) we made some noise...at least the Williams/EE mob did but as someone said to me afterwards that noise can't be heard much down the other end of the Williams. I find that hard to believe, although it was said in all honesty, as the rest of the Williams is fast asleep, we all know that so it's not like the singing Section is being drowned out by anyone. I sometimes get to the point, after people constantly saying previously they couldn't hear the EE, whereby I think don't bother singing seeing as no-one seems to hear anything sung by anyone unless it's the bloke next to you. 

But that's just me being tetchy as I haven't slept.

http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Cant believe the love in for Oldham. Yes they held the ball well and looked tight but I dont think they were anything special. I only recall them having 1 really good attempt on goal when Fielding made that save. Chesterfield, Bradford and MK Dons all caused us far more trouble and looked better imho. A narrow win for us was probably the right result.

As for their fans, yes they were loud but they were made to sound better than they were because of the embarassing lack of noise coming from our own fans up until we scored.

Archived