IGNORED

Dear Oldham

Welcome To The Jungle

They are the best side I've seen play at AG this season. So comfortable and assured in everything they did. Lee has them playing very well indeed. 

However I was more impressed with their away fans. Pound for Pound the best away support I've seen in a long time at Ashton Gate. They didn't bring thousands but they sang and sang to the point that I wondered if I'd missed a goal for them. Considering the big time teams near Oldham they are clearly very loyal and passionate fans. For the first time ever I made the effort to go over to the away end at full time to applaud them.

I'll now be keeping an eye out for them and hope they do well. 

They are the best side I've seen play at AG this season. So comfortable and assured in everything they did. Lee has them playing very well indeed. 

However I was more impressed with their away fans. Pound for Pound the best away support I've seen in a long time at Ashton Gate. They didn't bring thousands but they sang and sang to the point that I wondered if I'd missed a goal for them. Considering the big time teams near Oldham they are clearly very loyal and passionate fans. For the first time ever I made the effort to go over to the away end at full time to applaud them.

I'll now be keeping an eye out for them and hope they do well. 

Why the **** would you do that? 

I despise every club and every player who is not playing for City, they are competition and scum for it, they all hate us, but you hope they do well? Are we really that well off right now that you think you can use your hope for Oldham?

If you made that comment in war time regarding our opponents, you would be shot for it and rightly so, Mods can we have this thread locked please.

I despise every club and every player who is not playing for City, they are competition and scum for it, they all hate us, but you hope they do well? Are we really that well off right now that you think you can use your hope for Oldham?

If you made that comment in war time regarding our opponents, you would be shot for it and rightly so, Mods can we have this thread locked please.

Charge nurse to CiderHider's cubicle please...

:rofl2br:  Great stuff CH, good to have you back. :yes:

I seem to remember the standard of football down in this league the last time we were here for an extended period was pretty horrible, with long ball, big centre forward dominating.

Might just be me, but seems more teams now at least trying to play football - Oldham, MK Dongs, Swindon, etc etc. Better to watch, but not sure if its just a dodgy memory!

Odd they thought our fans were poor, as we came across really well on the radio.

Big big win!

Huge win. For a relatively small following they made a lot of noise. And kept going when losing.

Thought they knocked the ball around very well but I was never massively concerned about their goal threat.

Korey went down right in front of where I was sat and that could have been very difficult as their lad was away....

Three more points and a clean sheet. Happy days!!

I seem to remember the standard of football down in this league the last time we were here for an extended period was pretty horrible, with long ball, big centre forward dominating.

Might just be me, but seems more teams now at least trying to play football - Oldham, MK Dongs, Swindon, etc etc. Better to watch, but not sure if its just a dodgy memory!

Not just you, the footballs certainly better this season from the better sides which we faced so far. Last season was more what I was expecting from league one, but I've been suprised this season by how good some of the games have been. Certianly some enjoyable games so far.

They had lots of possession but no end product at all. As for their fans, well all I can say is when you've seen and heard one half cut Northern gobsh*te you've seen them all.

In saying that, on seeing a lot of them coming out the gate I do feel thankful I live in the South....

:)

Presume you found your hidden stash then CH? ..... sounds like you've got well stuck into it too! :)

They were good on the ball but pretty toothless come the very few chances they had, said at half time a clean sheet was not in doubt today.

I would agree with this.  Certainly a good enough team to be flirting just outside the play offs, but need to do some serious business in January to make a realistic promotion push.

Surprised they are allowed to play in fluorescent yellow when there are stewards dotted around the touchline in the same colour.

I would agree with this.  Certainly a good enough team to be flirting just outside the play offs, but need to do some serious business in January to make a realistic promotion push.

Surprised they are allowed to play in fluorescent yellow when there are stewards dotted around the touchline in the same colour.

Shame we were not in purple - the teams could have made some money as an advert for quality street.

Archived