IGNORED

Pre Match Music

Slacker

I have noticed that before the last few home games a piece of music has been played at about 2.45pm.It sounds a bit classical and I think it may have been used at a recent sporting event.Olympics?. Any know what it is cos it is beginning to do my head in!

Its Elbow - First Steps.

We wanted to use it for ages but felt it was too soon after the Olympics before this season. But with the new stand being built and a new team being built by Steve Cotterill and the management team (on top of all the new Bristol Sport ventures).... myself and DaveL felt it was the right time to introduce it. Its the "First steps" to a new beginning at Ashton Gate.

We are always open to suggestions and no against change in the future... but while we are unbeaten and everything is going well - there are no plans to change anything!

Glad the majority of fans seem to approve of it! 

When this one gets going (if adapted lyrically for football) a couple if mins in.. How infectious ...this is the kind of enthusiasm that could make the new Gate something special...

Intro music needs to be rousing but infectious too, the crowd need to feel it, sing it and want to enjoy rocking it....

Wouldn't want to upset peoples religious sensitivities but to many football is a kind of religion I guess- how about adapting a few lines from this? Make it City specific and the Gate will rock.. play the link and give it a few moments to get going proper, I think you'll agree. Awesome. :)

When this one gets going (if adapted lyrically for football) a couple if mins in.. How infectious ...this is the kind of enthusiasm that could make the new Gate something special...

Intro music needs to be rousing but infectious too, the crowd need to feel it, sing it and want to enjoy rocking it....

Wouldn't want to upset peoples religious sensitivities but to many football is a kind of religion I guess- how about adapting a few lines from this? Make it City specific and the Gate will rock.. play the link and give it a few moments to get going proper, I think you'll agree. Awesome. :)

How about the Waffen SS singing the "Host Wessel Leid"?

Elfmud is there a reason Delerium - Silence was played at half time on sat? A great tune I may add but very surprising to hear at the Gate! Im sure I read somewhere that half time tracks were choosen by players every week, is this correct?

No reason for Delerium - I was just going through some old tunes and thought Id give it a play as its a damn good anthem!

Players dont choose any of the music. We did have a feature a couple of seasons back when we made the podcasts where a different player each home game would pick 3 tunes pre-match but we havent done that for a while. Plus, I know many of the players music tastes - and most of it wouldnt be suitable for Ashton Gate!

Always a fan of 'always look on the bright side of life' myself...

Music is always very personal, but this seems very decent in fairness. Understand the desire not to change anything whilst winning, but do start to worry about 'those' pants and socks.

Always a fan of 'always look on the bright side of life' myself

haha! I dont think I will ever have the guts to play that ever again after what happened last time! Im just glad O'Driscoll stopped short of actually naming and shaming me in the interviews!

All water under the bridge now....

haha! I dont think I will ever have the guts to play that ever again after what happened last time! Im just glad O'Driscoll stopped short of actually naming and shaming me in the interviews!

All water under the bridge now....

Not only water under the bridge, but credit to the club how long ago it all seems. Was there that day, and in truth think we all understood the sentiment. However passionately we all feel about it, it is at the end of the day a game.

When we have seen posts about our 1905 team, I am sure i am not the only one to have wondered what experiences some of those young men had ten years down the road. Perspective is important. 

No reason for Delerium - I was just going through some old tunes and thought Id give it a play as its a damn good anthem!

Players dont choose any of the music. We did have a feature a couple of seasons back when we made the podcasts where a different player each home game would pick 3 tunes pre-match but we havent done that for a while. Plus, I know many of the players music tastes - and most of it wouldnt be suitable for Ashton Gate!

"Taste" is probably not the term I would use. Players today all seem to listen to ultra cack "urban" stuff, apart from the obligatory "team nutter" who likes heavy metal.

"Taste" is probably not the term I would use. Players today all seem to listen to ultra cack "urban" stuff, apart from the obligatory "team nutter" who likes heavy metal.

True, most players do tend to prefer the more urban genre of music. However there are a few who have a very varied taste in music. Of the current squad I couldnt give you an example but going back a year or two - David James was a man who liked all sorts including classical, jazz, blues, house, hip hop and rock. 

True, most players do tend to prefer the more urban genre of music. However there are a few who have a very varied taste in music. Of the current squad I couldnt give you an example but going back a year or two - David James was a man who liked all sorts including classical, jazz, blues, house, hip hop and rock.

I read that somewhere. Jamo's musical tastes were as unorthodox as his catching techniques!

Archived