IGNORED

David James Bankrupt

foghornred

Do you people know these things for fact? How do you find out such personal details? 

He always set great store on looking flash and was big on designer bling. I've been through a divorce without going bankrupt, so I can only assume that the reason he had money troubles was that he spent more than he was earning. That's unwise, whether you're a retired footballer or a working street cleaner.

Nobody knows these things are factual, but someone told me that when he played for City, his wages were paid by SL rather than the club and they were paid to his offshore pension.

I think the individual who told me that was a reliable source of information, but I cannot, of course attest to the factuality.

if that was true we would be in a lot of touble as a club, thats what rangers got relegated to the bottom league for, (unless we paid full income tax on if first)

I think that a lot of dodgy dealing goes on in football and only a very small amount of it ever surfaces.

From what I've heard and read over the years, a lot of transfers involve bungs, dodgy payments to agents, tax free payments, etc.  You only have to read the papers and assume that only a small proportion of these are ever uncovered.

A lot of it is structured in a way to be just legal, but I suspect a lot crosses the line.

I'm sure that the club acts legally, though may sail close to the wind on occasions, but those in the know could tell you which clubs have dodgy chairmen.

Just look at how corrupt the game is at the top within FIFA.  Do you think it's any better in the lower leagues of British football?

if that was true we would be in a lot of touble as a club, thats what rangers got relegated to the bottom league for, (unless we paid full income tax on if first)

I can't believe for one second that would be true about James' wages during his time here anyway, but just for the sake of accuracy, Rangers weren't actually relegated at all. They became insolvent as they couldn't afford to pay their tax bill and bills to other sources, that very likely resulted from these dodgy wage activities years before. What was originally Rangers was liquidated, meaning their SPL membership was voided. The assets, and the club history were purchased, and a new club formed, which applied for SPL membership, but was denied, so they applied to the Scottish Football League and were accepted, and placed in the bottom tier.

I think that a lot of dodgy dealing goes on in football and only a very small amount of it ever surfaces.

From what I've heard and read over the years, a lot of transfers involve bungs, dodgy payments to agents, tax free payments, etc.  You only have to read the papers and assume that only a small proportion of these are ever uncovered.

A lot of it is structured in a way to be just legal, but I suspect a lot crosses the line.

I'm sure that the club acts legally, though may sail close to the wind on occasions, but those in the know could tell you which clubs have dodgy chairmen.

Just look at how corrupt the game is at the top within FIFA.  Do you think it's any better in the lower leagues of British football?

When Testimantanu signed for us, we bought his wife a grand piano to practice on, Presumably it's ok to do things like that as long as its declared? But as you say, there are ways and means to sweeten deals that are not exactly legal. But I am sure that bastion of fairness and all round good guy Sepp Blatter would have clamped down on any corruption by now...... 

Do you know when the auction is MRR?

The auction is, I believe, on-line and bids are open from 6th-18th November.

Nobody knows these things are factual, but someone told me that when he played for City, his wages were paid by SL rather than the club and they were paid to his offshore pension.

I think the individual who told me that was a reliable source of information, but I cannot, of course attest to the factuality.

What a load of complete and utter tosh

Why on earth would billionaire Steve Lansdown deliberately commit a criminal offence and put his entire reputation and liberty at stake?

"Someone told me" ...... Jeez, some people.

P.S . It is a fact that Ed Milliband is a cross dressing alien from planet Zog

There's always more than meets the eye, but I still can't fathom any sense from the fact that this man has no money.

It's not a case of the man having no money, its a case that his money is probably held somewhere beyond the clutches of his creditors, the tax man, his ex wife and his current partner if she goes off of him. People with that amount of wealth have advisers who can arrange these things however legal they may be.

Nobody is saying that Mr Lansdown acted illegally. If the tax was paid, then I guess it may have been legal.

It may have also been structured in a way that was perfectly legal (i.e. just within the law).

I believe the source is close enough to Mr Lansdown to be pretty reliable and certainly unlikely to be complete tosh.

David James is not as broke as he would make out. 

I'm sure, someone told me that he has huge assets outside of the UK which nobody is supposed to know about (including his ex wife probably).

Haha- keep on digging Wendyredrobin!!

If the wages were paid direct by SL then they would have had to be declared or be  illegal and criminal tax evasion by both BCFC, Steve Lansdown AND David James.

For your information there is no such thing as "an offshore pension"- there are offshore investment vehicles though- ask Jimmy Carr or Gary Barlow.

As for your source being 'close' to Steve Lansdown and revealing conspiracy secrets so you can post them on a BCFC forum- this really is mind numbing tosh. And very very funny.

Keep it coming.

It's not a case of the man having no money, its a case that his money is probably held somewhere beyond the clutches of his creditors, the tax man, his ex wife and his current partner if she goes off of him. People with that amount of wealth have advisers who can arrange these things however legal they may be.

It just gets better!

If he has that much hidden wealth- he wouldn't have petitioned for bankruptcy, silly pants!

You clearly have zero idea of how HMRC and other creditors + the OR use forensic accountancy. If there's hidden wealth- they'll find it and he stays in bankruptcy until they do. Meanwhile they'll be all over his current income like a rash- wherever he's residing.

The auction is, I believe, on-line and bids are open from 6th-18th November.Thanks M

What a load of complete and utter tosh

Why on earth would billionaire Steve Lansdown deliberately commit a criminal offence and put his entire reputation and liberty at stake?

"Someone told me" ...... Jeez, some people.

P.S . It is a fact that Ed Milliband is a cross dressing alien from planet Zog

Aren't non league bristol rovers about to go bankrupt following the collapse of the UWE project?

It wouldn't surprise me if we did.

I only pointed out City's bankruptcy, as several seem to be keen to condemn David James for his. The reality is that none of us know the true situation, and I don't think it's entirely fair to condemn a bloke when we don't really know how he got into such a sticky situation. It has happened to many people, many richer than James, and it has happened to many businesses (including BCFC) and it isn't always  necessarily the 'fault' of the individual or the business.

I am sure David James has enough about him to come through this (as did BCFC) and I hope he does.

It wouldn't surprise me if we did.

I only pointed out City's bankruptcy, as several seem to be keen to condemn David James for his. The reality is that none of us know the true situation, and I don't think it's entirely fair to condemn a bloke when we don't really know how he got into such a sticky situation. It has happened to many people, many richer than James, and it has happened to many businesses (including BCFC) and it isn't always necessarily the 'fault' of the individual or the business.

I am sure David James has enough about him to come through this (as did BCFC) and I hope he does.

Apparently he is to be reformed aa David James 2014 Ltd.

City's bankruptcy was down to financial ineptitude (and fraud, truth be told) and Jamo has not exactly been clever in shepherding his substantial earnings either.

https://www.hilcoind.com/sale-details?view=detailview&pid=490735c4-a3ff-2551-d402-54579bd48161

Former England international goalkeeper David James MBE was declared bankrupt in the Hertford County Court on 9 May 2014.  The largest creditor in the estate is HM Revenue and Customs.  Mick Sanders of MHA MacIntyre Hudson was appointed Trustee in Bankruptcy on 24 June 2014. Assets in the bankruptcy estate include an extensive collection of football memorabilia which is hoped will produce significant sums for creditors.

• Over 150 signed football shirts, shorts and match balls
  • Signed English Premiership shirts
  • FIFA World Cup finals and qualifying tournament signed shirts
  • UEFA European Championship finals and qualifying tournament shirts
  • Signed NFL shirt
  • Classic Raleigh Chopper bikes
  • Exercise machines
  • DJ equipment
  • Large quantity of vinyl records and books
  • Vauxhall Astra customised van
  • Further items to include collectors toys and sporting literature are being sold separately.  For further details please contact Denise Bent

Anyone fancy a bid on this

1bojAE5l.png

Just depressing for everyone really

Archived