IGNORED

GrahamC

I get your point, but I still feel uncomfortable about us knocking other team's attendances when I feel we really should be doing better than we do (as we used to do when I was growing up). I can only hope to be able to look forward to seeing a regular 25k gate in the redeveloped stadium.

I wouldn't feel uncomfortable about people mocking Swindon for only getting 6k turn out for a top of the table clash.

Then is woeful by any standards!

It's not great. Our attendances have been down all season. There are reasons and it's frustrating but it won't stop you guys talking about it.

you board have got the ticket prices wrong, if they made it afordable then there wouldn;t be such a big drop in attendances

you board have got the ticket prices wrong, if they made it afordable then there wouldn;t be such a big drop in attendances

That's applicable for all football clubs, isn't it? It's clear to me that the latest ownership dispute in the summer has kept many away. Usually if teams are playing well, people pay up. It's not happening at the moment.

and several trainfuls of city window shopping for hours before kick off....didnt the gates get torn down one year about three hours before kick off ?....could be wrong mind,

My first away game approx 1972, early in the season.

The gates were torn down and hundreds flooded into the ground only to be chased out by unleashed Police dogs.

It was a long long time ago so forgive me if I have any facts wrong but that is how I remember it.

The gates were torn down and hundreds flooded into the ground only to be chased out by unleashed Police dogs.

It was a long long time ago so forgive me if I have any facts wrong but that is how I remember it.

As I said earlier. 

After M&S, in to and straight of the ground, Hello to 'Millwall' and a fine day.

I don't think the 'gates were torn down'. Just lent on one and it opened!

My main recollection of the day was not taking the Town End but Millwall, who we'd played at home the previous week, turning up.

For those who haven't read the article the owner was on the local news last evening. He is threatening to sell players in a January unless attendances improve, he needs 7500-7700+ a match or he loses money. Shame we are helping him huh

I hate to be devil's advocate here but given that the population of Swindon is around 210,000 and the population of Bristol is 500,000 plus, their gates seem roughly proportionate to ours.

Yes the differance is we are/were a two club city where as Swindle only have them selfs to worry about thats why they are inbreds

Archived