IGNORED

Trains

Go Junior GO

1 that arrives around 10 30 mate not sure what time from temple meads sorry mate cousins sorting train tickets

that will be ether the 9:41 (you have to change at Parkway) which arrives in Swindon at 10:28 or the 10:00 which arrives in Swindon at 10:39

• Admin

First Great Western HST ether called the bristolian or the Westbury, it will have 8 carrages 3 for first class one dining and 4 standard class,

It will go about 125 MPH in places and pass through Keynsham, Bath, Chippenham before arriving at Swindon (about40 minutes)

3 first class?? Plenty with only 1 1st class now, get with it.

3 first class?? Plenty with only 1 1st class now, get with it.

Not enough though. Trains I take from Paddington habitually have three virtually empty first class carriages.

Last one was on Monday. 08:30 three very sparse first classes and they take out the coach E - meaning all the way to Swindon there were poor sods standing.

It was as a fellow passenger said, "a diabolical liberty".

• Admin

Not enough though. Trains I take from Paddington habitually have three virtually empty first class carriages.

Last one was on Monday. 08:30 three very sparse first classes and they take out the coach E - meaning all the way to Swindon there were poor sods standing.

It was as a fellow passenger said, "a diabolical liberty".

It can't be done overnight, there are 52 HST sets on GWR, of which 27 are now in the new 1st class configuration of 1 or 1 1/2 coaches. The others will follow as the 1st class coaches are converted to standard. There are 12 sets with the newly refreshed 1st class coaches, very nice too, spend the extra cash and get a comfy seat :)

Whilst the original buffets were all 1st class, that's less than half a coach worth of seats, so its never been 3 1st class coaches.

As for taking coaches out, it's not decided on by class, a set will only run with a coach missing if the coach has been taken out as it is unserviceable, so thats not decided by class.

Guys guys... you are not using your brains are you.... you got to keep it low key.... Go past Swindon....change at Reading and come back in on the Down line as if heading towards Bristol then you can walk out the station without attracting any attention from Mr Plod......simples innit...

It can't be done overnight, there are 52 HST sets on GWR, of which 27 are now in the new 1st class configuration of 1 or 1 1/2 coaches. The others will follow as the 1st class coaches are converted to standard. There are 12 sets with the newly refreshed 1st class coaches, very nice too, spend the extra cash and get a comfy seat :)

Whilst the original buffets were all 1st class, that's less than half a coach worth of seats, so its never been 3 1st class coaches.

As for taking coaches out, it's not decided on by class, a set will only run with a coach missing if the coach has been taken out as it is unserviceable, so thats not decided by class.

I spend the extra cash when it's a tenner or something, but at the times I travel you have to arrange a mortgage to go first class! I'm glad FGW are seeing sense and converting many of these chronically underused carriages for us plebs.

Southwest Trains have always had far fewer first class seats, yet observation suggests they probably serve posher areas of the country.

Guys guys... you are not using your brains are you.... you got to keep it low key.... Go past Swindon....change at Reading and come back in on the Down line as if heading towards Bristol then you can walk out the station without attracting any attention from Mr Plod......simples innit...

Or....pull the emergency passcom on the approach to Keynsham at just the right time so that the trains emergency break will bring it to a stand on the platform. Then everyone can pile into the back of an old removals van and carry on by road.

That's what they did in Green Street and Trains, Planes and Automobiles.

• Admin

I spend the extra cash when it's a tenner or something, but at the times I travel you have to arrange a mortgage to go first class! I'm glad FGW are seeing sense and converting many of these chronically underused carriages for us plebs.

Southwest Trains have always had far fewer first class seats, yet observation suggests they probably serve posher areas of the country.

It's not just down to FGW, there are franchise commitments which must be met, so these changes have to be agreed by the DfT, the DfT and the terms of the franchise mean that FGW ( nor any other TOC) hasn't got free reign to make changes as they want, this offers some protection to rural, local services, but also slows down beneficial changes.

Archived