IGNORED

Gllingham

Go Junior GO

Whenever we run out, I want us deep down to do well.

Equally, at the margin I know I want all our rivals to progress as I want them to have as many games as possible. After replays would be best.

In an average season, dreams of a great cup run are great. This is not an average season, and think it is 100% right to use the squad. Whatever then happens, happens.

ld never want us to lose

Quite right. There are still posters appearing on here saying that they want us to lose in the prestigious FA Cup but win the totally laughable jpt!! 

I bet if you asked Sheffield Utd supporters when they were preparing for the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley last season whether they'd swap all of that for jpt success they'd tell you to go forth and multiply. Incidentally, the cup run didn't seem to effect their league form. 

JPT success in favour of FA Cup success...you must be bonkers!

I want to see us Win every game we play whether thats JPT, FA Cup, League Cup or League. Our 'JPT team' should be able to beat both Gillingham and Wimbledon and then resort to the side we played against Oldham, for Swindon.

Losing wouldn't do squad morale any favours, we can all tell it's high at the moment so let's keep it that way and smash our next two opponents whatever team we put out.

I want to see us Win every game we play whether thats JPT, FA Cup, League Cup or League. Our 'JPT team' should be able to beat both Gillingham and Wimbledon and then resort to the side we played against Oldham, for Swindon.

Losing wouldn't do squad morale any favours, we can all tell it's high at the moment so let's keep it that way and smash our next two opponents whatever team we put out.

Quite right. There are still posters appearing on here saying that they want us to lose in the prestigious FA Cup but win the totally laughable jpt!! 

I bet if you asked Sheffield Utd supporters when they were preparing for the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley last season whether they'd swap all of that for jpt success they'd tell you to go forth and multiply. Incidentally, the cup run didn't seem to effect their league form. 

JPT success in favour of FA Cup success...you must be bonkers!

Good points, all, but a Cup run scuppered us - in my view, anyway - in 89/90 when Bob Taylor, later in the season, had his campaign cut short by an injury he sustained at Cambridge. http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/ Europe's Top Teams for the facts!!!!!

Whichever way you look at the FA cup the bottom line is that City ain't going to win it. The best the club can hope for is reaching the 3rd round and drawing a decent PL outfit preferably at AG.

That way the club get a decent pay day, and more dosh of it goes to a replay. Plus the likihood of TV money.

That's one reason why I'd like to see City progress past Gillingham on Saturday.

We wouldn't get much of a pay day with a 3rd round home tie against anybody!

We would get far less money than a home league game,as the away team and the FA take a cut of the gate receipts.

Archived