IGNORED

Gllingham

Go Junior GO

About time we started talking about the game on Saturday instead of tickets and trains

I usually look forward to the fa cup, my first ever city game was in fa cup at home to southend in the eighties and first ever away game was swansea away at the vetch on a foggy day in the nineties

This game has not excited me at all tho , just hoping we scrape through and move on to next round and also hoping this i sthe year for Man utd away in third round

The odd thing is prior to the Cheltenham game in the Mickey Mouse cup I, and a handful of others, came on saying that we would rather City lost because the jpt is an embarrassment etc and has zero kudos amongst fans of bigger clubs. We were generally lambasted by many saying that every game City played in we should want them to win.

However, on here, and other threads, I have been astonished to read of fans saying they want City to lose an FA Cup match , a tournament that has kudos and is the oldest and most prestigious national comp in world football, but want us to progress in the jpt!

I hope we win on Saturday and I hope Gillingham take it seriously too and don't field a weakened side called Gllingham as the OP implies they will.

Whichever way you look at the FA cup the bottom line is that City ain't going to win it. The best the club can hope for is reaching the 3rd round and drawing a decent PL outfit preferably at AG.

That way the club get a decent pay day, and more dosh of it goes to a replay. Plus the likihood of TV money.

That's one reason why I'd like to see City progress past Gillingham on Saturday.

Whichever way you look at the FA cup the bottom line is that City ain't going to win it. The best the club can hope for is reaching the 3rd round and drawing a decent PL outfit preferably at AG.

That way the club get a decent pay day, and more dosh of it goes to a replay. Plus the likihood of TV money.

That's one reason why I'd like to see City progress past Gillingham on Saturday.

For many seasons i've had about as much interest in the FA Cup as the contents of Lily Savage's underwear but did n't a team of chancers recently get all the way to the final having played all the rounds at home and never meeting a Prem club ?

It could happen ,that's the beauty of football

About time we started talking about the game on Saturday instead of tickets and trains

I usually look forward to the fa cup, my first ever city game was in fa cup at home to southend in the eighties and first ever away game was swansea away at the vetch on a foggy day in the nineties

This game has not excited me at all tho , just hoping we scrape through and move on to next round and also hoping this i sthe year for Man utd away in third round

Prefer Liverpool at Anfield, 20 years on, purple & lime shirts, 1-0, Rodgers gets sacked and Tansley I mean Mike Litoris cries all the way home on the Liverpool supporters coach.

The odd thing is prior to the Cheltenham game in the Mickey Mouse cup I, and a handful of others, came on saying that we would rather City lost because the jpt is an embarrassment etc and has zero kudos amongst fans of bigger clubs. We were generally lambasted by many saying that every game City played in we should want them to win.

However, on here, and other threads, I have been astonished to read of fans saying they want City to lose an FA Cup match , a tournament that has kudos and is the oldest and most prestigious national comp in world football, but want us to progress in the jpt!

I hope we win on Saturday and I hope Gillingham take it seriously too and don't field a weakened side called Gllingham as the OP implies they will.

Well said.

Sod the JPT, complete waste of time, but give everything we've got to progress in the F.A. Cup.

Quite possibly, but anything can happen in the F.A. Cup, and invariably does -  that's the beauty of it.

1973-74, Leeds home and away, then Liverpool at home, in the 5th and 6th rounds.

3 fantastic occasions, watched cumulatively by over 120,000 fans.

Me being 3 of them, and I'll never forget those games.

There's much more to the F.A. Cup than the possibility of making money.

not only that id like to see Jet,Waggy,Karliegh etc all have blinders so they stay hungry for putting in quality performances in the league when they get called up

Such a shame really that we have only sold 79 tickets at a time when we sell thousands in the league most weeks. We are not going for probably the same reason as everyone else in its zero rating attraction. I wish city all the best of course but the lure of Rough Cider on tap at the annual Ferret Racing championships just has more pulling power.

Such a shame really that we have only sold 79 tickets at a time when we sell thousands in the league most weeks. We are not going for probably the same reason as everyone else in its zero rating attraction. I wish city all the best of course but the lure of Rough Cider on tap at the annual Ferret Racing championships just has more pulling power.

Gillingham away isn't exactly an attractive tie, plus it's a difficult place to get to.

Archived